Author Topic: Black 1968 GT500KR on BAT  (Read 15738 times)

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Black 1968 GT500KR on BAT
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2021, 08:42:14 AM »
So that's your reply? 

You don't want to create solutions, just keep things the way they are?

If that is the consensus, I will offer it in my next presentation.

Reached out to the most knowledgeable Shelby group for guidance after my last sale but they weren't interested to assist.

By the way, I'm not trying to win.

You seem to be looking for some sort of a medal? Save your effort. We don't do that here but we do know how to deal with trolls and if you keep pushing it you could be declared one and suffer the consequences.

You are not winning friends here. Don't you have something else to do?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

TLea

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2021, 08:47:57 AM »
Jeff, what are you the Dr. Phil of Shelby automobiles?
No Dr. Phil was an opinionated ass who doesn’t really know what he’s talking about.
Jeff on the other hand has more knowledge in his finger tip than most people on this forum could accumulate in a lifetime

Scott_Ales

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2021, 08:54:01 AM »
So that's your reply? 

Reached out to the most knowledgeable Shelby group for guidance after my last sale but they weren't interested to assist.

You seem to be looking for some sort of a medal? Save your effort. We don't do that here but we do know how to deal with trolls and if you keep pushing it you could be declared one and suffer the consequences.

You've made your position very clear, no need to vote more than once.  I'm hanging around for consensus.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2021, 09:02:56 AM »
So that's your reply? 

You've made your position very clear, no need to vote more than once.  I'm hanging around for consensus.

The voting results have been counted. We don't do recounts here.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Scott_Ales

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2021, 09:07:33 AM »
Thank you sir.

« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2021, 09:58:00 AM »
First off, I’d like to welcome Scott as well.  You will soon realize who the clicky high school bullies are here and I suspect you are realizing already.  If you don’t agree with them and kiss there narcissist butts, your flagged and stoned to death.

Secondly, I wish the comment about “this site needing an enema” wasn’t deleted.  It holds so true to all the higher than thou attitudes here and we all know who I’m talking about. 

There are some very good points made here by many.  What does it matter what a car sold for?  2 people really wanted this black on black 68 500KR and were willing to pay what they felt was a fair price to them.  Cars of all types sell high and low everyday.  There are great days in the market for some and bad days for some.  It’s business.

Why isn’t anyone concerned and asking what bob’s 1967 Shelby GT350 #0001 just recently sold for?!  Maybe he got to much for his car also! 
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 09:59:47 AM by Shelby Narcissist »

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2021, 10:25:29 AM »
First off, I’d like to welcome Scott as well.  You will soon realize who the clicky high school bullies are here and I suspect you are realizing already.  If you don’t agree with them and kiss there narcissist butts, your flagged and stoned to death.

Secondly, I wish the comment about “this site needing an enema” wasn’t deleted.  It holds so true to all the higher than thou attitudes here and we all know who I’m talking about. 

There are some very good points made here by many.  What does it matter what a car sold for?  2 people really wanted this black on black 68 500KR and were willing to pay what they felt was a fair price to them.  Cars of all types sell high and low everyday.  There are great days in the market for some and bad days for some.  It’s business.

Why isn’t anyone concerned and asking what bob’s 1967 Shelby GT350 #0001 just recently sold for?!  Maybe he got to much for his car also!

Keith buddy, you're back! You're pretending to be Keith Tony? Who says you're not a troll?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 03:53:07 PM by shelbydoug »
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

TLea

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2021, 10:53:32 AM »
I love how opinions are welcome and appreciated till they aren’t agreed with. Then the name calling flies.

tesgt350

• View Profile
    • BLACK HAT PERFORMANCE
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2021, 01:31:23 PM »
I love how opinions are welcome and appreciated till they aren’t agreed with. Then the name calling flies.

Yeah, I know first hand what an A-Hole came over here to attack me for doing the Shelby Poker Chips to help get a Nonprofit I started off the ground (Hawks Friends)...….I don't think he has been back since (only 8 Posts).  Still doing the Poker Chips though.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 01:34:24 PM by tesgt350 »

TLea

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2021, 01:36:58 PM »
There is a big smokescreen going on here because of everybody’s name calling and trying to make it seem like the Concours crowd is a bunch of elitist. The truth of the matter is the car has some very suspicious things about it. The dash the fact that there’s no tilt away hole in the a pillar plus a lot of very suspicious looking welds in the front bulkhead area it would be a disservice not to point this out to any perspective buyer. Re-bodies are real they exist there are even people here on the forum that have done them and they should be exposed for what they are. It’s not narcissistic it’s not out of spite it’s just called integrity
Show some

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2021, 01:41:43 PM »
Mr Lea is correct.

People are trying to make it about the money. Newsflash its not the first car to sell for that kind of money.

It's about the car.

Fact: The seller didnt show up here or contact SAAC until after the criticism started.

Unfortunately, integrity is lost on so many.

Scott_Ales

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2021, 02:22:37 PM »
When should I show up for sentencing?

One of my more interesting observations through the years, loudest forum voices have no real names presented.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 02:24:55 PM by Scott_Ales »

Vernon Estes

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2021, 02:28:05 PM »
When should I show up for sentencing?

One of my more interesting observations through the years, loudest forum voices have no real names presented.

Completely off topic (haven't been keeping up with this thread or even taken a look at the car in question) but just wanted to interject that I've very much enjoyed your content on Obsessed Garage. Fun to watch your work.

Kind regards,
Vern
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

Scott_Ales

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2021, 02:34:44 PM »
Thank you Vern,

We trying to share something I have found very useful in a very open way. 

George Schalk

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2021, 02:40:09 PM »
It looked to me like this thread did start out about the out-of- the-ordinary price paid for such a car that was not 100% correct and quickly spiraled into more. The seller did mention a few times in his comments that he reached out to an “expert” or two for advise and even offered to pay for their time to assess the car, but received no reply back to assist him.  Who exactly did he reach out to?  It sounds like the seller tried to do his due diligence before selling the car. 

There would definitely be an issue for a buyer and seller of any car if the car has been re-bodied or fraudulently and knowingly mis-represented (I am not making any accusations about this particular GT500KR because I have never examined it in person or had any interest in it).  As Mr. Lea stated, “Re-bodies are real they exist there are even people here on the forum that have done them and should be exposed for what they are”.  I agree that anyone who is guilty of this and knowingly represents a car for what it really isn't should be publicly exposed along with the car itself so the next seller/buyer are aware of what the car really is.  We do not need people like this in the hobby.

It certainly is unfortunate that the integrity of some of these cars is lost by "armchair critics".  When something on a car is in question, it may deserve an in person inspection by an expert to answer and/or disqualify any assumptions made about the car.

Just my 2 cents.