Author Topic: Mico cylinder repair  (Read 1352 times)

hertzdonut

• View Profile
Mico cylinder repair
« on: September 10, 2021, 07:15:13 AM »
Does anyone have a repair kit for an original 704B Mico Cylinder for sale?
Terry

C Griffith

• View Profile
Re: Mico cylinder repair
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 08:43:18 AM »
If possible find a MICO dealer in your area.  I use Fluid Power Inc. in York, Pa. 717-252-1535 Jaldinger@fluidpower.com
You will be looking for MICO repair Kit # 02-001-029.  Big blue top vent plug may need to be replaced as they use a different
high pressure relief valve in the new kit.  Replacement plug is steel not original aluminum.  Good Luck Terry

hertzdonut

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 08:46:22 AM »
Thanks for your help. I've been looking for another part #
Terry

OldGuy

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 08:59:57 AM »
If possible find a MICO dealer in your area.  I use Fluid Power Inc. in York, Pa. 717-252-1535 Jaldinger@fluidpower.com
You will be looking for MICO repair Kit # 02-001-029.  Big blue top vent plug may need to be replaced as they use a different
high pressure relief valve in the new kit.  Replacement plug is steel not original aluminum.  Good Luck Terry

If needed, you can modify your original aluminum top plug for use with the modern-day pressure relief valve. It is a simple machining operation which will allow you to maintain the original appearance of your MICO. If you want the details, send me a PM and I will furnish you with a drawing that illustrates the modification.

Frank

C Griffith

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 11:33:14 AM »
Forward the drawing to me please. I still have the original plug and can use it as a spare. I had a few plugs machined and anodized since mine was marked up.

Thank you, Charlie