Author Topic: 67 Shelby Title, etc  (Read 2832 times)

vintageracer

• View Profile
67 Shelby Title, etc
« on: September 10, 2021, 01:05:01 PM »
I just bought a 67 Shelby back after 26 years, I would like to get a letter of confirmation on the serial numbers (Ford VIN and Shelby #)
How do I go about that?
Also, the current title is listed as a 67 Mustang and I want to title it in Illinois as a Shelby, any suggestions ?
(My 66 is titled in Illinois as a Shelby.

Thanks

Michael Rankin

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: 67 Shelby Title, etc
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 01:23:38 PM »
You need to contact Dave Mathews. He is on here as GT350Dave. You can PM him.

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 01:41:55 PM »
^^^ Yes, Dave is a great one to help here.

Also, since you have both the Ford and Shelby VIN's (correct?) you may want to get a Marti Report.

https://www.martiauto.com
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

shelbyluva

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 02:21:00 PM »
I don't believe that the way the car is titled (Ford Mustang vs. Shelby GTXXX) matters to most.  Some actually prefer the Ford name on the title to keep what they have a little more private.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 03:11:27 PM »
I don't believe that the way the car is titled (Ford Mustang vs. Shelby GTXXX) matters to most.  Some actually prefer the Ford name on the title to keep what they have a little more private.
+1 . There are plenty of replica,tribute ,clone whatever with Shelby on their titles so the name on the title does not necessarily make the car.
the important thing is the VIN number that verify's if a genuine Shelby or not. Many don't want Shelby ,Cobra etc on the title because of Personal property Tax red flags assosciated with the values on those cars. ;) 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2021, 03:28:41 PM »
Ford, as titled, is the best as long as it is the SHELBY number. "67200FA-bla bla"
RARE  Signature Delete

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2021, 06:02:15 PM »
Some actually prefer the Ford name on the title to keep what they have a little more private.
Or registration cheaper. CA has gotten aggressive on their value tax part of the registration and I'd rather them think I had a $20,000 Mustang ($246)  than a $150,000 Shelby ($1091).

CA Registration Fee: $46.00
California Highway Patrol Fee: $23.00
Vehicle License Fee: 0.65% vehicle’s value
Depending on where your vehicle is registered, you may be charged county fees ranging from $7 – $47. You may also be required to pay a Smog Abatement Fee of $25 if your vehicle does not require a smog inspection.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2021, 10:52:39 PM »
WOW, I am surprised NY has not jumped on CA's craziness...NY and CA are the "dumb and dumber" of the United States. Although Joey's state of DE has some craziness going also....I am sure there are others.
Speaking of Dumbness, when I was in NY I went to register my Shelby, which had insurance as a Shelby, I have an old registration as a Shelby, and (dumbness on my part) but the DMV changed it to a Ford without me noticing it until I walked out of the DMV, I went back and told them what had happened and they would not change it back. SO now my Shelby that was registered as a Shelby is now a Ford....glad its not a bid deal....I guess, now that I am in another state, maybe I need to get that fixed.....good luck!
RARE  Signature Delete

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2021, 12:10:26 AM »
WOW, I am surprised NY has not jumped on CA's craziness...NY and CA are the "dumb and dumber" of the United States. Although Joey's state of DE has some craziness going also....I am sure there are others.
Speaking of Dumbness, when I was in NY I went to register my Shelby, which had insurance as a Shelby, I have an old registration as a Shelby, and (dumbness on my part) but the DMV changed it to a Ford without me noticing it until I walked out of the DMV, I went back and told them what had happened and they would not change it back. SO now my Shelby that was registered as a Shelby is now a Ford....glad its not a bid deal....I guess, now that I am in another state, maybe I need to get that fixed.....good luck!
Be careful for what you wish for . ;)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2021, 08:31:21 AM »
Be careful for what you wish for . ;)

Keeping it as a FORD, "Less is more"
RARE  Signature Delete

roddster

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2021, 08:05:21 PM »
  Back in the day, the old lady at the dealer didn't want any details.  They all said "Ford" on the paperwork.