Author Topic: 9 inch vent hose clamp  (Read 1815 times)

musclecarman15

• View Profile
9 inch vent hose clamp
« on: September 11, 2021, 08:28:18 PM »
Are there any markings on an original 9 inch ,28 spline ,vent hose clamp on a 70 Shelby gt350.have my original and can't see any...just want to confirm,thx keith

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: 9 inch vent hose clamp
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2021, 08:43:44 PM »
Are there any markings on an original 9 inch ,28 spline ,vent hose clamp on a 70 Shelby gt350.have my original and can't see any...just want to confirm,thx keith
Not typically on the clamp . Typically yellow mark on the hose to match up with the clamp.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

musclecarman15

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2021, 09:32:25 PM »
Thank you,yes has yellow mark

430dragpack

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2021, 01:11:04 PM »
Which clamp are you talking about?  The crimp clamp at the housing vent nipple or the rubber coated clamp that holds the vent hose to the body?  I typically see a yellow mark on the hose under the rubber coated clamp.

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2021, 02:48:39 PM »
Which clamp are you talking about?  The crimp clamp at the housing vent nipple or the rubber coated clamp that holds the vent hose to the body?  I typically see a yellow mark on the hose under the rubber coated clamp.

Bob G is referring to the clamp that holds the hose to the uni-body above where the rear end housing is attached
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

430dragpack

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2021, 04:29:35 PM »

Bob G is referring to the clamp that holds the hose to the uni-body above where the rear end housing is attached
Yes Jeff, I knew what Mr. Gaines was talking about, not sure exactly what the OP was looking for since he stated markings on the clamps.  Somewhere, maybe another forum, there was a little discussion on markings and crimp style of the metal band clamp at the housing nipple.

musclecarman15

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2021, 05:21:42 PM »
Sorry about the confusion,I was speaking about the crimped clamp at nipple on axle housing...yes my hose has a yellow mark on it....my bad...thx keith

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2021, 05:59:30 PM »
Sorry about the confusion,I was speaking about the crimped clamp at nipple on axle housing...yes my hose has a yellow mark on it....my bad...thx keith
No paint marking on the crimp clamp or typically on the hose at the vent nipple. The yellow mark on the hose is to indicate where the rubber hose is to pass through the rubber coated clamp secured to the sheet metal unibody. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

musclecarman15

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2021, 06:14:32 PM »
Bob ,was speaking if pinch clamp has any stampings ,as mine did not,but my fuel line ones at carburetor did. Thx keith

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2021, 06:28:17 PM »
Bob ,was speaking if pinch clamp has any stampings ,as mine did not,but my fuel line ones at carburetor did. Thx keith
Yes the pinch clamp at the vent typically had the same diamond trademarks that the smaller ones used at some carburetor filter used. Unmarked pinch clamps would indicate a generic replacement. 

musclecarman15

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2021, 06:32:32 PM »
Thank you