Author Topic: How to find an old judging sheet  (Read 2815 times)

SUEBWMS

• View Profile
How to find an old judging sheet
« on: September 13, 2021, 05:18:32 PM »
I am the owner of 1968 Shelby GT500KR convertible. 
Serial 8T03R215917-04147
I have been told this car won a National SAAC Concours Award sometime in the 2004/2005 timeline.
Can anyone help me with this?   I would love to get a copy of the judging sheet(s). 
The car was restored by Legendary Motor Cars in Toronto Canada.     Thank you

Mike Shally

• original owner, 68 Shelby, MCA Gold Card
    • View Profile
Re: How to find an old judging sheet
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 06:47:14 PM »
I have several boxes with the past records for previous Concours conventions, they are not well organized so I don't know if I have what you are looking for. Give me a couple of days to dig into them and if I have the judging sheets we can make arrangements for you to get a copy.
Mike
original owner, 68 Shelby judge, MCA Gold Card Judge, MCACN Shelby Judge

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 07:41:57 PM »
I am the owner of 1968 Shelby GT500KR convertible. 
Serial 8T03R215917-04147
I have been told this car won a National SAAC Concours Award sometime in the 2004/2005 timeline.
Can anyone help me with this?   I would love to get a copy of the judging sheet(s). 
The car was restored by Legendary Motor Cars in Toronto Canada.     Thank you
If you are wanting the judging sheets  because it is part of the cars history is one thing. If your wanting the sheets to see if items were corrected or think once you correct the items on these sheets that the car will be perfect then you have unrealistic expectations. The judging sheet from almost 18 years ago will not be particularly relevant in 2021. A extreme amount of information has been uncovered in that 18 years since that car was last judged for correctness. Those 2004/05 judging sheets are most likely very outdated.  I would venture to say if the same judges (as long as they have remained current on information) judged the car today many more items would be added to the list compared back when it was done.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Mike Shally

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2021, 03:08:43 PM »
I looked thru the files for 2003-2007 and did not find any judging sheets for this car, could the time frame be different?
Bob is also correct the judging sheets during this period were only 5 pages and now there are a many as 20 pages so being a help to up date the car to todays standards they will not be of much help.
If you have more information for me to zero in on the time frame or convention number I'll be glad to look again.

KR500

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2021, 06:33:02 PM »
Legendary brought a KR to SAAC 31 at VIR in 2006 to be judged. I helped judge the car. I don't know if it was 04147 though.

Rodney
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2021, 06:44:50 PM »
I dont believe it was a "gold" award

Someone with access to Shelby American magazines should be able to research it for you if you know the owners name
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 06:58:37 PM by Coralsnake »

stephen_becker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2021, 07:20:58 PM »
Amazing that my reply to this thread was REMOVED with no explanation, no notification to me and no one taking credit for removing it.

KR500

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2021, 09:19:12 AM »
As for the KR that Legendary brought to SAAC 31 as I recall now ( it was 15 years ago ) I don't think it was officially judged so it probably will not show up in any records. If I recall correctly after judging the concourse Peter K. wanted to know how their restoration stacked up so Mike S. turned me loose on it. From memory IMHO it might have been a low gold, high silver Div. II car if officially judged.

Rodney
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

stephen_becker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2021, 03:22:16 PM »
It would be Legendary if those old judging sheets show up!

Mike Shally

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2021, 11:50:39 AM »
I went back and looked again in the 2006 SAAC 31 files and found car 04147 was entered by Nick Smith of Toronto Canada, this car received a Silver award, thanks Rodney for your recall. I recall that Legendary was proud of their restoration but we determined the car was not quite up to SAAC's standards of that time period.
 Stephen if you would like a copy send me a private message with your email and I will send it to you as a pdf.