Author Topic: Traction bar adjustment?  (Read 1509 times)

Tomdeg

• View Profile
Traction bar adjustment?
« on: September 20, 2021, 09:49:36 PM »
Hey Gang,
On the under rider traction bars there are a stack of washers. Are they there for adjustment/alignment?
If so, what is the procedure for that?

Thanks in advance

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: Traction bar adjustment?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 09:55:22 PM »
Hey Gang,
On the under rider traction bars there are a stack of washers. Are they there for adjustment/alignment?
If so, what is the procedure for that?

Thanks in advance
I am not sure if the washers only have one function but the bar should be square with the frame . Sometimes the frame bracket can be welded on slightly off . The amount of washers can help compensate for that.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Tomdeg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 10:38:42 PM »
Thanks Bob!

Tomdeg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 10:13:56 PM »
I have another question. The bolts on the welded in forward bracket tilt up. Is this normal or should they be perpendicular? It seems to me that being on an angle like this would cause a rotational torque and put pressure on the bushings.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2021, 10:23:44 PM »
I have another question. The bolts on the welded in forward bracket tilt up. Is this normal or should they be perpendicular? It seems to me that being on an angle like this would cause a rotational torque and put pressure on the bushings.
Not tilted typically. Most likely bent upward from using it or close by as a jacking point IMO.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby