Author Topic: 1967 Shelby GT350 #0001 - SOLD  (Read 4631 times)

1967 Shelby GT350 #0001 - SOLD
« on: September 15, 2021, 11:39:27 AM »
I want to be the first to congratulate bob And Vern for the sale of bob’s 1967 Shelby GT350 vin #0001.  It is an amazing car to say the least. 

I’m surprised the sale wasn’t announced here first on the SAAC Forum.  I wonder if it was a new record price for a ‘67 Shelby.  Anyway, good job guys!! 👍

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1967 Shelby GT350 #0001 - SOLD
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 11:48:38 AM »
I’m surprised the sale wasn’t announced here first on the SAAC Forum. 

Rarely do I see offline sales posted here unless it is with the permission of the buyer. In those cases, it's usually the excitement of the purchase that drives such a post. Rarer yet is to know the actual sales price of such a private, offline transaction.

My question back to you, why even bother with such a post, yes, it does seem rather narcissist in nature, but then again, a secondary account on the saac forum does as well.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 11:57:47 AM »
Bill,
I find this to be noteworthy news to Shelby enthusiasts and to this Forum, no different than any other historical, well known Shelby that’s been sold in the market. 

Again, congrats to all involved in the sale.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 12:41:27 PM »
Congratulations to the seller and buyer !

Quick question, although the vin has 1 on it isn't the red convertible owned by B Styles the first 1967 Shelby produced?
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

stephen_becker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2021, 12:45:43 PM »
Brian Styles would be happy to answer that question if he was not removed from this forum some years ago - He is a huge wealth of knowledge that is sorely missed from this venue.

Who ever took him off should be removed themselves!

Stephen Becker

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2021, 12:46:04 PM »
I wonder if it is going into the Segerstrom Collection. They have gathered many #1 cars. We're still waiting for the announcement of the grand opening.

https://segerstromshelbyeventcenter.com/
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

stephen_becker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2021, 12:49:02 PM »
I plan on going to that event - Ted and his wife are great folks and I have sold a car (or two.....or three) into his vast collection over the decades - Great supporter & ambassador of the Shelby brand!

Vernon Estes

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2021, 01:10:54 PM »
Hey Guys,

Yes, I did help Bob sell his #0001 car. Bob enjoyed the car for a long time and now it is with a new owner who will no doubt enjoy the car just the same.

In general, I don't go out of my way to air out every car that sells through me and the website is almost never updated. Last time I put a car on the website was probably over a year ago. Most all the good cars anymore are selling privately without need for public advertising and updating the site with sold inventory cost time that I don't tend to have as a true "one man show" type of business. I could spend time updating the website with sold cars or trying to buy more cars...maybe one day I'll turn into a real business with a couple employees but, until then, I'd rather spend any extra time I have playing with my kids at home.

Anyway, in terms of price, details like that are never disclosed in private dealings out of respect for the buyers as well as the sellers. It's really nobody's business what the car went for outside of the buyer, seller, and myself. In terms of whether it was a world record, I would say the car certainly would deserve such a price.

Kind regards,
Vern

PS- in response to questions about Ted..no, Ted was not the buyer. The car is going to the opposite end of the country. The buyer has not specifically asked for discretion but discretion is always my default. If he wishes to publicly proclaim ownership, he is welcome to do that however he pleases.
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

tesgt350

• View Profile
    • BLACK HAT PERFORMANCE
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2021, 01:13:02 PM »
Congratulations to the seller and buyer !

Quick question, although the vin has 1 on it isn't the red convertible owned by B Styles the first 1967 Shelby produced?

Maybe he should have said "First Shelby produced for Public Purchase"?  I don't know if that Shelby GT 500 Convertible was built before the First 1967 Shelby though since the GT 500 didn't come out until #100 I believe.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 01:15:10 PM by tesgt350 »

Vernon Estes

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2021, 01:17:11 PM »
Additionally, no Brian's convertible is not the first 67 Shelby although it is special for a myriad of reasons. Bob's car would have been the first production car serialized, some other early GT350s were completed prior to Bob's car. Regardless, the 0001 designation, like it or not, carries with it a significant cache in the eyes of a high end collector and the car itself was restored to beautiful condition- sporting original tires, group 22 battery etc etc..

Kind regards,
Vern
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2021, 06:40:25 PM »
Gotcha first to be serialized not produced, understood
Thank you sir

Additionally, no Brian's convertible is not the first 67 Shelby although it is special for a myriad of reasons. Bob's car would have been the first production car serialized, some other early GT350s were completed prior to Bob's car. Regardless, the 0001 designation, like it or not, carries with it a significant cache in the eyes of a high end collector and the car itself was restored to beautiful condition- sporting original tires, group 22 battery etc etc..

Kind regards,
Vern

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2021, 06:41:39 PM »
The buyer has not specifically asked for discretion but discretion is always my default. If he wishes to publicly proclaim ownership, he is welcome to do that however he pleases.

As it should be.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

acapulco350

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2021, 07:33:02 PM »
What a great car,

I have also read on this site that some early 67’s
had hand written numbers in the shelby tag
Being no car early than #1 I would of thought it would also get a hand scratched number

Always keen to learn more on the 67’s

Cheers Gregg

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2021, 09:21:44 PM »
I thought Brian Styles was invited to come back on the SAAC Forum, it seems he chooses not to.

It seems the '67's completed before November of '66 had the hand-etched VIN tags (the reason to my knowledge has not been defined).  Car #001 being completed November 4th, the same day as few other cars, were among the first to have the stamped VIN tags.

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2021, 10:13:11 PM »
You mean like these tags ?

Autographed by Zorro who at the time was employed by Ford... Z...

What a great car,

I have also read on this site that some early 67’s
had hand written numbers in the shelby tag
Being no car early than #1 I would of thought it would also get a hand scratched number

Always keen to learn more on the 67’s

Cheers Gregg

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy