News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1967 Shelby GT350 #0001 - SOLD

Started by Shelby Narcissist, September 15, 2021, 11:39:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD

"Z" stamped '67 VIN tags is a different, much later, issue/occurrence.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

stephen_becker

Brian Styles was never invited back -

JD

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

68krrrr

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on September 15, 2021, 12:46:04 PM
I wonder if it is going into the Segerstrom Collection. They have gathered many #1 cars. We're still waiting for the announcement of the grand opening.

https://segerstromshelbyeventcenter.com/
Oh wow & thanks for the heads up on this ,thats great to have something like this in my back yard.
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

FL SAAC

You are correct

" It's well-established that the earliest cars had hand-engraved VINs. Then evolving to stamped. Then the late-completed cars (theorized to be an indication of being a Ford asset after May 1) had an oversized "Z" prefix added to the VIN plate. Well, almost nothing in the completion of '67 Shelbys is binary... Here's a few *special* "Z" prefix VINs of cars completed on the same day in late May. Was the Z stamping tool misplaced? Did it break? Is there another reason? I'm sure we'll know more as we collect, identify and compare additional Z-VIN plates from this time period "

Quote from: JD on September 15, 2021, 10:18:28 PM
"Z" stamped '67 VIN tags is a different, much later, issue/occurrence.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Richstang

We've also been told some early cars had there hand engraved tags replaced with stamped tags.
Where and when that happened is anybody's guess.

Also, at least one early car has been found with a hand engraved tag that was completed after October 1966.
All this tells us is the tags may have been added before the cars were completed by SAI.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

roddster

I'm sure Bob already misses that car. Congratulations on the sale.  And if you have a car that nice, private sale is the way to go.

CharlesTurner

Quote from: roddster on September 16, 2021, 10:15:14 AM
I'm sure Bob already misses that car. Congratulations on the sale.  And if you have a car that nice, private sale is the way to go.

I would venture to say that a lot of us are curious as to what the value of something like this car is though.  There are very few others to compare it with.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

shelbydoug

Quote from: CharlesTurner on September 16, 2021, 11:52:35 AM
Quote from: roddster on September 16, 2021, 10:15:14 AM

I would venture to say that a lot of us are curious as to what the value of something like this car is though.  There are very few others to compare it with.

Me too but it is kind of unique and the buyer is less likely to put a dollar amount on it rather then just go out and get it, whatever it costs.

And that's fine because many of these cars have just entered into a state where they are unique museum pieces and probably should be on display like a Renoir painting is, for all to see and enjoy.

Translate that into "expensive".
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

early cars had something like this tag hand engraved

Quote from: Richstang on September 16, 2021, 08:58:06 AM
We've also been told some early cars had there hand engraved tags replaced with stamped tags.
Where and when that happened is anybody's guess.

Also, at least one early car has been found with a hand engraved tag that was completed after October 1966.
All this tells us is the tags may have been added before the cars were completed by SAI.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Karguy

Bob purchased number #1 from a seller in Albuquerque New Mexico, I had a chance to buy the car for $8000 in the early 80s. I recall my Shelby buddies and I at the time trying to decide if a car with 
Vin # 1 number would be worth more money than any other 67 Shelby at the time. Who knew?
6S281, in my family from 1972-1983. Back home January 2017, will not leave again!