News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1 - 429SCJ - Ford of Canada Dealership Tour 'Show Car'

Started by nate, September 21, 2021, 08:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nate

Now live on Bring a Trailer! This 1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1 429 SCJ was ordered by Ford of Canada, and it was used as their dealership tour 'Show Car' for the 1971 Model Year. It is also the 1st SCJ/Y Code 4.11 Mustang ever built and is LOADED with 16 options. This Mach 1 is known to be one of the highest optioned 1971 Mustangs ever produced. Happy bidding!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-ford-mustang-mach-1-16/

Best,
Nate

Bill

Interesting that it was not ordered with a rim blow steering wheel, or tilt wheel

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Special Ed

Unlike 69-70 mach1s that came standard with 3 spoke deluxe steering wheel in 71 the 3 spoke was a separate option probly because some people didnt like the rimblo horn going off everytime u grabber the wheel especially if u had manual steering on big block cars. Dont know why tilt wasnt ordered since all other options were but a/c of which u couldnt get with the drag pack option and its an automatic of which was an option over a manual trans car. This RARE car was a (brass tag type order) see second window sticker 902-D-008 of which means # of car D demonstator and ford floor or something like that as it was explaned to me by a ford guy who worked in that department years ago when we were tring to figure out a brass tag car we had in shop. If u find these #s on bottom of invoice it was special ordered built for ford for a special person or test or new car show etc and they are usually highly optioned to show off the options at new car showings. This car is local as a guy i went to skool with bought it and i helped him get car corrected from an older resto and now its to nice for him to drive.

Vernon Estes

Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.