News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Origin of the KR moniker?

Started by dggilbert, April 25, 2018, 08:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dggilbert

Interesting Tasca receipt.  We've all seen these seperatly.  Ever seen these together? "KR8 CobraJet" by Bob Tasca. Check out the Cobra Jet Registry forum. Topic 8F02R179894. It's a copy of a Tasca Ford High performance tuning receipt. My father says it's a blank Hi Po tuning slip but lists options available. Check out the line where you could not only purchase a Tasca sign but also a KR8 sign for your Cobra Jet. I think the Bopper considered the KR moniker his. I had a gentleman try to tell me that Tasca had nothing to do with the production of the CJ, I think Bob Sr would strongly object to that point and I think the evidence in favor of the Tasca involvement speaks for itself in the many articles lauding Bob Sr actions helping bring about the now infamous Cobra Jet.

98SVT - was 06GT

Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

dggilbert

The first line sums it up, it was one of Carroll's tales. The Tasca KR8 was built in late 66. Anyone know that the Bopper filled in for a sick band member and played with the Glen Miller band? Shelby was more aligned with Tasca than any other dealer and rightfully so as he introduced Shelby to Lee Iacocca and Henry II at the Dearborn Inn in the early 60's. He also pledged to buy all 100 kits when Shelby made his pitch to Ford dealers, that was the minimum # he had to sell to make it worth doing, and the thought of Tasca getting them all got the rest motivated to buy some. With all the history between the 2 its only logical the KR came from Tasca. That's the way Bill Barr the lead engineer on the CJ program at Ford recalls it.

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: papa scoops on April 25, 2018, 08:06:43 PM
you all got it wrong, what really happened, carroll was wandering around in the desert with jim Morrison, and he just found this old idea laying around out there next to some old cobra frames...........phred
You forgot they were eating chili and had used cases of Pit Stop since there were no showers.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless