News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Elvira the cats out of the bag

Started by FL SAAC, September 22, 2021, 08:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

98SVT - was 06GT

Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Mongo

Mongo is helping Vinman "burn" his Elvira collection!

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

Side-Oilers

^^ Sure looks like a lot of stiletto heel marks on that wood floor!
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

shelbydoug

Quote from: Mongo on September 22, 2021, 05:56:45 PM
Mongo is helping Vinman "burn" his Elvira collection!

Why? Even a vegetarian needs a Big Mac once in a while.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

427heaven

Obviously both sides of the fence thinks shes a beauty! She has aged gracefully if you know what I mean.

Side-Oilers

From IMDb...Cassandra's bio.  Note she graduated from high school in 1969.   
So...about 70 now?

Cassandra Peterson was born in Manhattan, Kansas, and grew up in Colorado Springs, Colorado. She began her career at age 17 as the youngest showgirl in Las Vegas history in the show "Vive Les Girls" at the Dunes Hotel. After receiving advice from "The King" himself, Elvis Presley, she traveled to Europe where she pursued a career as a singer and actor. She worked in several Italian films, including Federico Fellini's Roma and performed throughout Europe as lead singer of an Italian rock band.

Upon returning to the United States, she toured the country as star of her own musical-comedy show, "Mama's Boys". She eventually settled in Hollywood, where she spent four and a half years with L.A.'s foremost improvisational comedy group, The Groundlings. In 1981, she auditioned for the role of horror hostess on a local Los Angeles television station. Her show, Movie Macabre, and her newly created character, Elvira, became an overnight sensation.

Cassandra has used Elvira's celebrity status to bring attention to many worthy causes and organizations over the years, including her well-known work for animal welfare and raising money and awareness for the prevention of HIV/AIDS. In addition to co-writing and performing in both the local L.A. and nationally syndicated television versions of "Movie Macabre", she co-wrote, produced and starred in two feature films, Elvira: Mistress of the Dark and Elvira's Haunted Hills. Her latest endeavors include producing, writing and starring in the reality series The Search for the Next Elvira on Fox Reality and the nationally syndicated series Elvira's Movie Macabre.

Cassandra Peterson has spent over three decades solidifying the Elvira brand and building it into an international cult icon that has become synonymous with Halloween and the horror genre.

TRIVIA from IMDb:

Was close friends with Vincent Price.

Is the first woman who did a music video in 3D ("Superstition").

Her favorite movies are Plan 9 from Outer Space and Attack of the Killer Tomatoes!.

Ranked #1 of Sci-Fi's Sexiest B-Queens, by Femme Fatales magazine (1997).

Owns a production company in Los Angeles called Queen B Productions. She merchandises Elvira products.

The Pentagon named a Stealth computer system "Elvira" inspired by her.

Is a huge fan of Vincent Price, Edward D. Wood Jr. and Roger Corman.

Attended and graduated from Palmer High School in Colorado Springs, Colorado (1969).

Former member of the improvisational comedy group The Groundlings.

In 1989, she licensed the name and likeness of Elvira to Midway Manufacturing (a division of WMS Gaming) for the pinball game "Elvira and the Party Monsters".

In 1996, she licensed the name and likeness of Elvira to Midway Manufacturing (a division of WMS Gaming) for the pinball game "Scared Stiff".

In 2002, she licensed the name and likeness of Elvira to International Game Technologies for use in an Elvira-themed video slot machine.

Was scalded by boiling water when she was five years old. Underwent 17 skin grafting operations over the course of her childhood to repair the scar tissue.

Now covers some of her remaining scars (around neck and shoulders) with make-up or clothing.

Has hosted the Halloween themed amusement park Knott's Scary Farm in Buena Park, California, from 1982 - 2001.

Although she has appeared in nude layouts, she has never appeared nude as Elvira, Mistress of the Dark
Maila Nurmi, the original Vampira, once sued her for stealing her character without consulting her. However, Peterson claimed that Elvira was nothing like Vampira aside from the basic design of the black dress and black hair.

She was the stripper in the background on the cover of Tom Waits album "Small Change" (1976). She has since described it as a "giant mystery" claiming that while she has no memory of the event, the cover looks enough like her that she feels "pretty sure" that it is her.

In 1981, she auditioned for the role of Ginger Grant for the third "Gilligan's Island" television movie, shortly before KHJ-TV offered her the horror-host position. She was also a personality on the Los Angeles radio station KROQ-FM 106.7 from 1982 - 1983.

In 2012, she became an investor in Comikaze Entertainment Inc., which hosts Comikaze Expo, one of the largest popular culture conventions of the United States. She was also inducted into the Horror Host Hall of Fame, as her character Elvira, Mistress of the Dark.

Has one daughter: Sadie Pierson (born October 12, 1994) with her now ex-husband Mark Pierson.

Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Previous:
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1957 T-Bird E-model

FL SAAC

We had the opportunity to run into her out of costume, very polite and humorous lady. Enjoyed her company.

Here's photo's  of Cassandra and her daughter

I have all UNGOLD cars

427heaven

Like fine wine... No Krispy Cremes for her! ;D

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

Side-Oilers

"T" must have really liked Charlie Sheen from the '80s.
Current:

Previous:
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1957 T-Bird E-model