Author Topic: Original Engine vs. Non Original Engine effecting values?  (Read 9471 times)

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Original Engine vs. Non Original Engine effecting values?
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2021, 03:39:19 PM »
My original engine out of 6s843 sleeps in a closet wrapped up in a blanket on the main floor of my house.  Current engine is a roller rocker late 80s 302 that came out of a drag car.  If it blows up, I don't care.  Original tucked away and safe. 
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Bigblock

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2021, 03:20:17 PM »
Friend who was selling his 68 KR with the 69 engine had a bid reduced by 10% when he disclosed the issue to the buyer. Its on its way to Germany. Less then a week to sell.

acapulco350

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2021, 01:41:47 PM »
Same with mine
When I purchased my 67 350 the original engine and 4 speed was removed
Wrapped in plastic and sits in a safe spot in the garage
Then had a nasty little 331 built from a 67 block
With a Holley sniper, 5 speed etc
Looks completely stock and no risk of damage to the original engine
Win win, with lots of Smokey tires

My original engine out of 6s843 sleeps in a closet wrapped up in a blanket on the main floor of my house.  Current engine is a roller rocker late 80s 302 that came out of a drag car.  If it blows up, I don't care.  Original tucked away and safe.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2021, 08:18:05 AM »
Friend who was selling his 68 KR with the 69 engine had a bid reduced by 10% when he disclosed the issue to the buyer. Its on its way to Germany. Less then a week to sell.

The closing details can always be a hurdle. I've had people WALK OUT of house closings reneging on the agreed purchase price.

Not only is the sale a hassle, with a car you can have people wanting their money back and threatening you with a gun.

At one time, payment in the US Army, the officer in charge put his firearm on the table in front of everyone and had two armed guards standing alongside him. Now, the buyer knows where you live and the reimbursement isn't $119 per month.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 08:20:30 AM by shelbydoug »
68 GT350 Lives Matter!