Author Topic: 2013 Boss 302 Laguna on the move  (Read 1475 times)

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
2013 Boss 302 Laguna on the move
« on: October 03, 2021, 05:31:21 PM »
Yes, aware it's not a 69 or 70 but this section seems the best fit. Man, what a driver's car.  Pure joy driving with the sights and smells of Autumn.  Add in the burble of the exhaust and this is my Viking version of Valhalla. My ancestors were sea faring. Me, I'm a road warrior (in my dreams) and want nothing to do with the sea.
    I have been repeatedly questioned about the veracity of the subject car due to the red stripes on this 2013.  Don't let the red striping fool you. This had to be a day two modification by the owner, swapping out the silver stripes. I am keeping the red. I spotted the brake ducting when I cranked the wheels to the left today for these shots. So the orange tubes in a box that they gave my dad when he bought the car appear to be extras. She came with the hardware for the extended air dam but minus the air dam. Who knows where it went. I am considering getting an aftermarket one that is made of carbon fiber though the originals are plastic.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 05:42:24 PM by deathsled »
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Boss 302 Laguna on the move
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 05:36:44 PM »
Exhibit "A" for identification. Engine shots, serialized car number and brake cooling hoses submitted. Move to have them admitted into evidence and published to the jury.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 05:44:20 PM by deathsled »

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2021, 05:39:13 PM »
Till death do us part with car 356. Same for 843. But life has a funny way of playing with your hopes and aspirations doesn't it?

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2021, 06:26:30 PM »
Kool car! Now you made me want red brake ducts! Skol! (dna shows I'm 5% Swedish. Does that count as Viking?)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2021, 06:27:45 PM »
I thought your dad bought that one new.

They also came with a trans cooler - really just a scoop to direct air around the trans. The splitter came in a large box

https://fordperformanceparts.us/products/m-5025-mbr

The splitter is pricy considering it's just ABS. https://x-ph.com/ford-racing-laguna-seca-front-splitter-boss-302-13-14/

Ford dealer in Henderson NV sold his 2012 LS a couple months ago. Under 200 miles at sticker price. I just hated the 2012 with the red top/spoiler/grille
I was more tempted by his 2015 50th Anniversary Mustang with even less miles on it one of 1,964 but an automatic slowed me down - also at sticker price.

I'll continue looking for a good 2013 school bus yellow LS - closest to my yellow 70 one.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 06:30:45 PM by 98SVT - was 06GT »
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2021, 06:52:09 PM »
I thought your dad bought that one new.

They also came with a trans cooler - really just a scoop to direct air around the trans. The splitter came in a large box

https://fordperformanceparts.us/products/m-5025-mbr

The splitter is pricy considering it's just ABS. https://x-ph.com/ford-racing-laguna-seca-front-splitter-boss-302-13-14/

Ford dealer in Henderson NV sold his 2012 LS a couple months ago. Under 200 miles at sticker price. I just hated the 2012 with the red top/spoiler/grille
I was more tempted by his 2015 50th Anniversary Mustang with even less miles on it one of 1,964 but an automatic slowed me down - also at sticker price.

I'll continue looking for a good 2013 school bus yellow LS - closest to my yellow 70 one.
Nope, he bought in 2018.  Drove it for a few times, went to a car show in Toronto in March of 2019 the Motorama I believe and then parked it. I "relieved" him of his burden and drove her back to Chicago in the Autumn of 2019 and parked it in my garage.  Everything went to hell with Covid and just within the last month did I put an Illinois plate on the thing and drove around a few times.  I ran the gas down and refilled 3/4 tank with fresh 93 octane.  I had put fuel Stabil in so hopefully those two years didn't do any damage.  Maybe I should throw in some Marvel Mystery Oil into the gas tank to help.
Get a school bus yellow.  Go for it.  They come up every once in a while.  There are fewer yellow than black.  The red striping on mine though not original that I can see, sets it apart.  The car is so much fun to drive.  Gets looks.  Looks like trouble.  Unfortunately the LS invites trouble as when today I was in the right lane and a car was in the left lane driving slow as usual.  The car behind the left lane driver decided to pull a NASCAR style move and come into my lane behind me drafting on my bumper.  Why?  For what purpose?  I refuse to drag anyone in that car.  I am going to drive it at my own spirited pace but I am not out to destroy it to try and impress some idiot who could lose control and sideswipe me.  With age comes wisdom.  Not always.  But most of the time.