News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Hertz Sports Car Club Cocktail Glasses & Race Tracks

Started by SHELB66, April 25, 2018, 11:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHELB66

The most recent Shelby Registry mentions 8 different race tracks found on the Hertz Sports Car Club cocktail glasses.  The ones mentioned that I have never come across or seen are Kent & Sebring.  Does anyone own one of these glasses?  Also, I was under the impression that these came in boxes of 6.  As these were giveaways would a box contain just one type of glass or 6 different ones?  If the latter were true, it would make more sense that there were only 6 different glasses offered.  Any comments/opinions?

Craig R.
66 Hertz 6S1564
06 Hertz #446
64 Ranchero V8 4spd
02 Explorer Sport Trac

JD

Yes, I've wondered about that stuff too.

A couple images I got either from the crashed SAAC website or a e-bay listing...

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

shlby66

If you had rented, from Hertz, a GT350, you received, a memorabilia, Hertz item.

In my case, I received, a Hertz Sports Car Club Trophy Glass. It has the Watkins Glen
       Race Track outline on it.

I wrote anarticle about my experience with a '66 Hertz GT350, in the 2012 Spring issue
       of the Shelby American, page 138.

Doug C.   

gt350cs

Doug,

I went back and read, or should I say most likely reread, the Article that you wrote on your Hertz experience. Great story.

As I began the read your story, my thoughts were could this have been my car that I have owned since October 1967; however I noted that you described the car as blue/gold, (mine being black/gold) so I checked my records for how many of these were delivered to Los Angeles.

Los Angeles received only six blue/gold GT350H and I have license plate numbers on three of these. The blue cars were received between 2/10/66 and 3/10/66. All most likely were pretty much identical.

When I get home I will check the Registry to see if there are any current owners listed for these cars.

If someone has a Registry handy, I will post the numbers here.

Wouldn't it be amazing if we could determine the actual car you rented for the week.

Dennis

shlby66

[Doug

Wouldn't it be amazing if we could determine the actual car you rented for the week.

Dennis
[/quote]

Now, That, Would be Amazing! :)

Doug C.