Author Topic: Ford's announcement regarding future car development and sales  (Read 4943 times)

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
Re: Ford's announcement regarding future car development and sales
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2018, 10:57:08 PM »
Wonder what Ford will be offering as far as performance sedans in Europe or OZ.

As for SUVs and "cross overs" just the 2000's name for Mini-or Soccer mom vans ::)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2018, 11:12:10 PM »
  Not sure about Europe or Australia, but if gas prices keep rising and don’t recede a significant
amount, they might reconsider halting sedan production.
Max
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 11:13:46 PM by Alan »
‘67    0029

nconnors545

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2018, 11:14:02 AM »
I'm pretty surprised they cutting their line so drastically and putting such a focus on hybrid - what they are forgetting is Ford consumers aren't as interested in hybrid, electric, and driverless cars https://www.autolist.com/ram-ram+pickup+1500#section=news&s=a Most Ford enthusiasts I know are into the feeling of a "real" car

68countrysedan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2018, 03:06:55 PM »
ditto nconnors545

Ford Motor Company is no longer the car company I knew. I don't see Mercedes Benz/Toyota/Honda/GM dropping their sedans.

The Fusion V6 Sport with 2.7L EcoBoost and AWD is a performance option that Ford seems not overly interested in promoting. Ford of Europe has a killer looking Mondeo wagaon (yes, station wagons aren't a big seller here but I remain a hard core fan) that could be a low-buck rival to MB and BMW wagons with the right options and tuning.

Ford North America also seems intent in ignoring the Focus ST/RS hatches that are gaining traction with millennials.

As for the Lincoln Motor Company, the Continental is dull. Ads for it highlight 26-way adjustable seats. Funny MB and BMW don't highlight such features. As the the MK Z, T, Q(?), F(?) or what ever the model line up consists of, there's nothing that stands out, which is deadly in the car business.

Remember when Ford advertising asked, "Have you driven a Ford. . .Lately?" A car that, ". . .makes the road come alive. . .put your foot down. . ." Ford has lost, or chooses to ignore, that spirit.

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2018, 03:19:13 PM »
Bring back the Comuta