The Cars > 1969-1970 Boss 302/429

Now waxing the Boss 302 Laguna

(1/2) > >>

deathsled:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvzsX3uBokY

Last wax of the year.  The Autumn weather was optimal.

FL SAAC:
Most excellent job indeed!

67 GT350:
Love the LS Boss, someday I will have one!!
With that said, I actually looked for the "Drying off" portion. People have different beliefs on the best way....Toweling off or blowing off? If blowing off, is using special specific dryer or a leaf blower the best?

98SVT - was 06GT:

--- Quote from: 67 GT350 on October 06, 2021, 12:59:25 PM ---Love the LS Boss, someday I will have one!!
With that said, I actually looked for the "Drying off" portion. People have different beliefs on the best way....Toweling off or blowing off? If blowing off, is using special specific dryer or a leaf blower the best?

--- End quote ---

"Drying off" a black car even has it's own streaking pitfalls.

deathsled:
I used a microfiber towel and placed it over the body section by section letting the water absorb with little rubbing.  Wrung the cloth and repeated.  A leaf blower may generate hot air.  I would be cautious about using a leaf blower.  A sanctioned blower designed specifically for drying the paint would be the best in my opinion.  There is no rubbing contact and water in hidden crevices gets blown out.  I do not have one yet but it is on my list of things to acquire.  My next video if/when I have time will be an oil change.  That Roadrunner engine takes 8.5 quarts!  That and an FL 500S oil filter.  It is about $100 to do a change yourself.  Likely twice that at a dealer.  The cost is in the volume of the oil and the type which is synthetic 5W50 which is not readily available everywhere unless you go online.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version