Author Topic: '67 "Vehicle Invoice" versus "Continuation Invoice" ???  (Read 5676 times)

Richstang

• View Profile
    • 1967 Shelby Research Group
'67 "Vehicle Invoice" versus "Continuation Invoice" ???
« on: April 26, 2018, 12:11:09 PM »
Would anyone happen to know what the difference is between a typical "Vehicle Invoice" compared to the rarely seen "Continuation Invoice"?

Looking at the photo, I notice that these continuation invoices seem to be issued to Shelby dealers (non-authorized?) who only received one or two cars.

1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
Re: '67 "Vehicle Invoice" versus "Continuation Invoice" ???
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 01:19:43 PM »
Rich,

What did Dave have to say about this?
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Harris Speedster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 02:14:44 PM »
Rich,
# 45 has two shipping invoices.
One was cancelled, think to maine, then a new one that shipped it to Oklahoma for showing.
Have copies of both.
John
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

Richstang

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 02:45:28 PM »
Rich,
One was cancelled, think to maine, then a new one that shipped it to Oklahoma for showing.
Have copies of both.
John

Hi John,
I only see Dub Richardson Ford noted in the registry. Your post seems to indicate your going on memory. If you can take a look at them let us know if either is a "continuation invoice", my guess is they will be worded as the typical "Vehicle Invoice". If not you would help to knock out my theory on the dealer.
Thanks,
Rich

Richstang

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 02:54:43 PM »
Rich,

What did Dave have to say about this?

Brian,
Generally, I try not to bother Dave very often. He gets enough inquiries from others. I wanted to see what the forum response would be and also bring it to everyone's attention. Dave can chime in if he sees this, or if we don't get any replies from the collective forum I can always ask him in a future conversation.
Rich

gt350cs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 03:40:06 PM »
Rich,

I agree about being selective on what you address to Dave. He is a great guy and always very helpful, but also very busy. Many times we can work these things out ourselves. Plus the challenge to do so is so much fun.

Dennis

Richstang

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2018, 06:42:01 PM »
A couple of points were brought to my attention to share;

First, check out the invoice number. Continuation invoices uniquely start with the letter "F".
Second, the font used is noted to be proportional, not mono-spaced. Mono spaced was typical. We were not even aware the proportional spaced type was used in the 60's.

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2018, 07:53:12 PM »
You mean these continuation invoices don’t belong to the new “original” GT350Rs?  ;D
Nothing beats a classic!

Richstang

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2018, 11:16:28 AM »
Here's a direct side by side comparison of the two types of invoices.

Besides the invoice numbers starting with a "F" letter on the "Continuation" invoice it also used the "F" to start the customer order number.

The "Continuation" invoices have a "Special Handling Charge" at a flat rate of $100.
The "Vehicle" invoices usually have both a "4.0 Gal. Gas" charges and a "Freight/Transportation Charges". Freight charges vary.

Freight charges to Holliday Ford, CA and Hayward Ford, CA are $146.75.
Compare that to Koons Ford, VA at $98.75 or Gotham Ford, NY at $107.75 and something seems off.
Maybe the variable in costs are due to the distances from the rail yard?

Harris Speedster

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2018, 02:42:58 PM »
Rich,
Have copies of both.
John

Hi John,
I only see Dub Richardson Ford noted in the registry. Your post seems to indicate your going on memory. If you can take a look at them let us know if either is a "continuation invoice", my guess is they will be worded as the typical "Vehicle Invoice". If not you would help to knock out my theory on the dealer.
Thanks,
Rich

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Rich,
It was first "vehicle Invoiced" to ; Pletcher Ford Inc, Phil PA.  oct 31, 66
2nd vehicle invoice was to Dub Richardson. Showing car on invoice, >>> 73.75 shipping
Crazy, but 45 costs more on the invoice than yours, same basic equip.

I do have copies of both.
Seems that #20, 16, 45, and 47 left on the same load, Nov 2nd, 66, Hadley transport.
With respect,
John
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

tgilliam

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2018, 07:37:41 AM »
I would like to jump in and ask the stupid question. Are these invoice copies available from some source today or is this documentation you got from the previous owner? I am sure this has been asked/answered before but I could find the information. I have previously gotten documents from Dave for one of my cars but do not remember the invoice being available. Thanks for your time.

Tom Gilliam

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2018, 09:14:59 AM »
I would like to jump in and ask the stupid question. Are these invoice copies available from some source today or is this documentation you got from the previous owner? I am sure this has been asked/answered before but I could find the information. I have previously gotten documents from Dave for one of my cars but do not remember the invoice being available. Thanks for your time.

Tom Gilliam

Dave does have copies of some original invoices and other paper work, but if I understand correctly not everything on every car, a bit hit & miss.  You have to check with him on your specific car.

JD

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

GT350DAVE

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2018, 12:13:10 PM »

Besides the invoice numbers starting with a "F" letter on the "Continuation" invoice it also used the "F" to start the customer order number.

The "Continuation" invoices have a "Special Handling Charge" at a flat rate of $100.
The "Vehicle" invoices usually have both a "4.0 Gal. Gas" charges and a "Freight/Transportation Charges". Freight charges vary.

Compare that to Koons Ford, VA at $98.75 or Gotham Ford, NY at $107.75 and something seems off.

Rich,

I would be glad to look into this if you provide a list of Continuation Invoices you have.
I don't have either of these invoices. The first thing I see is these invoices have obvious mistakes. Both these cars are "White".
Note that Car #23 is listed as "Red" and car #22 is listed as "Dark Moss Green".
I also don't have either of these cars going to these destinations.
Where did you get these forms? They appear to be very inaccurate. Perhaps mistakes?

Dave Mathews
Support the SAAC Registry

Richstang

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2018, 12:19:41 PM »
Rich,

Have copies of both.
John

Hi John,
Thanks,
Rich

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Rich,
It was first "vehicle Invoiced" to ; Pletcher Ford Inc, Phil PA.  oct 31, 66
2nd vehicle invoice was to Dub Richardson. Showing car on invoice, >>> 73.75 shipping
Crazy, but 45 costs more on the invoice than yours, same basic equip.

I do have copies of both.
Seems that #20, 16, 45, and 47 left on the same load, Nov 2nd, 66, Hadley transport.
With respect,
John

John,
Thank you for letting us know #0045 was listed on the typical "Vehicle Invoice" both times.
(Still supporting my theory about dealer volumes...so far)

I took a look at pricing over several invoices and window stickers and they remain nearly the same until late summer 67 with a few adjustments.
The Transportation/Freight Charges change for nearly every car. Here's the breakdown I could gather. The prices in parenthesis are the oddball differences.

ITEM                         INVOICE           RETAIL USA           RETAIL EXPORT/CANADA

67 GT350                      3276.67            3995.00                    3172.98
67 GT500                      3440.70            4195.00 (4395.00)
Power Disc Brakes             53.13                64.77                      49.65
Power Steering                  69.28               84.47 (57.47)           64.75
Shoulder Harness              41.62               50.76 (50.08)           38.90
Fold Down Rear Seat          53.15                64.77                     49.65
Selectomatic Trans             50.00 (41.00)    50.00
Radio AM Push Button         47.17               57.51                      44.08
Exhaust Emission Control Sys 37.28            45.45 (45.50)
Closed Crankcase Emissions    4.26               5.19
Air Conditioner – Selectaire   292.06          356.09
Tinted Windshield                24.81              30.25
Deluxe wheels   (Shelby)     151.74            185.00                   141.81
Cobra Supercharger            479.00            549.00
Rallye Stripe (#0426)           26.35
4.0 Gal gas                          1.20

« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 12:52:26 PM by Richstang »

Richstang

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2018, 12:25:45 PM »

Rich,

I would be glad to look into this if you provide a list of Continuation Invoices you have.
I don't have either of these invoices. The first thing I see is these invoices have obvious mistakes. Both these cars are "White".
Note that Car #23 is listed as "Red" and car #22 is listed as "Dark Moss Green".
I also don't have either of these cars going to these destinations.
Where did you get these forms? They appear to be very inaccurate. Perhaps mistakes?

Dave Mathews

Hi Dave,
So Far, I have found four of these Continuation Invoices. #023 is a #023XX car number and #022 is a #02200 car number.
I didn't think I should share the exact number on the open public forum for these invoices so I blocked out the last two digits of the VINs.
Email sent.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 12:49:45 PM by Richstang »