The Cars > 1967 Shelby GT350/500

Big Block Fan Shroud Repair?

(1/3) > >>

FordGT:
I have the original big block fan shroud that is dark brown, looks like horse hair and it got broken in half.  Has anyone ever glued one back together? 

If so, what glue was used and did it hold with all the vibration?

Thanks

68blk500c:
They can be restored, but it takes more work than just glue.  Make sure yours is the factory version (Ford # suffix) or it may not be worth the cost.

gt350hr:
Yes I have done it. It is a slow and labor involved process. Took me over a month to "properly" make a complete split look undetectable. I used an "industrial" superglue that when mixed with crushed original material allowed the horse hair to be seen. It took several applications and lots of "forming" the area.

FordGT:
Yes its an original with C7ZE-8146-A on the left top flange .  Do you remember what industrial glue you used?

Also, have you had any problems with re-cracking because of the vibration?

Thanks

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: FordGT on October 15, 2021, 04:38:16 PM ---Yes its an original with C7ZE-8146-A on the left top flange .  Do you remember what industrial glue you used?

Also, have you had any problems with re-cracking because of the vibration?

Thanks

--- End quote ---
Also look for the FOMOCO trademark. Some of the older repros that looked good otherwise had the number but not the Ford trademark like original. The repro also had fiberglass weave mat texture on the inside and not smooth like original.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version