News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

NOT MINE Shelby Can Am

Started by tesgt350, October 15, 2021, 11:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tesgt350

BGlover67

Thanks for posting.  Pretty cool what shows up on BaT these days.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

427heaven

A quick little race car on the cheap. Price will indicate interest in it. Like a modern formula V...

98SVT - was 06GT

Would be a fun cheap track day car - But I want the Olds powered prototype.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelby_Can-Am
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Don Johnston

I remember when promoters were setting up the series to start in Hawaii in early 1990s with multiple races.  Primary financials  with commited sponsors and advanced ticket sale looked good.  Route was going to run around Ala Moana Park  and on main boulevard (kind of like Long Beach race route) near Waikiki.

But a couple of key sponsors bailed out after a few months and it all went south.  Lots of investers lost buckets of money and those who had built cars, like Shelby, were deeply disappointed and out a lot of money as well. 8)

CSX 4133

There's a similar one that's been for sale on Racingjunk.com for some time.

Don Johnston

The racing series never got approval for going around and through the large park next to Waikiki, so they moved the plan tor the parking lot around Aloha Stadium near Pearl Harbor.  Never happened despite years of planning due to major sponsors dropping out.  Information on scheduled drivers:

https://www.nytimes.com/1992/09/16/sports/sports-people-auto-racing-hawaii-all-star-lineup-ready-to-roll.html

8)

honker

Shelby Can Am brochure, picked up at an Auto Show, maybe Detroit or Toronto ?

I was prompted to post this by the Pete Brock piece in the winter 2022 Shelby American.

Mike

honker

Scan of the business card  attached to the brochure.