News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Space Saver Canister

Started by Stubee, April 27, 2018, 09:26:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stubee

I'm looking for a 1969 Space Saver Canister.

Firstly does anyone here have one? The car is pretty much 99.9999 but I still have at least one arm and a leg left to buy one :)

Baring that I have located a canister but need a little help to determine if it will fit the bill.

The one I found has a full can label on it that says space saver and is in Black and Yellow. My hunting says the 1969 Can has a bottom third label that is in black and silver. If I purchase the other one with the black and yellow label and remove it to place the silver and black label will that work?

I understand that the 1968-1970 bottle is a different diameter then the 1971.

I would have posed pictures but it is not possible now without a third party hosting site.

Let me know brothers what you think.

Stubee

Stubee

I received a PM on this item and I am very happy to say that I have found what I was looking for.

Great place to get those hard to find items.

Stubee

Special Ed

The full label bottle will work if u shorten it as most bottles are the same except for the later 70s nissan with the 4 holes on bottom. The bottle was slightly bigger in 71 with more air volume & later the cap got changed & I had eddie r. make the correct cap from my original.  Back 15 years ago I had to sacrafice one of my nos out of the plant c9wy bottle cardboard & silver labels to have ECS make it the original way since all older repos are wrong & u have to have a perfect example to get it concours correct. Recently i sent my nos d1za (71 & up) bigger bottle to ECS to have that silver decal made correctly also & the correct diameter cardboard sleeve. The problem people are having is to correctly ID which bottle they have since they both look the same so they know which decal & sleeve fits their red bottle . The easiest way i have found to id the  2 different  bottles is to look at the overlapping center seam changed from top to bottom & bottom to top but this detail is hidden when the cardboard sleeve is installed.

Stubee

Thank you Special Ed for the info.

Stubee