News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

WANTED: PRUDHOMME SHELBY PARTS POSTER LOU BANEY 427 FORD SOHC - Super Snake

Started by silverton_ford, April 27, 2018, 01:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverton_ford

WANTED: PRUDHOMME SHELBY PARTS POSTER LOU BANEY 427 FORD SOHC

I am looking for the Prudhomme Shelby Part poster that was created in the late 1960's.  I have a few of the other posters that they made back then and need this one to round out my collection for my extra bedroom.  Does anyone have one they are willing to part with?  (See photo below)

Thank you,
Brian
503-302-3471

Bob Gaines

Quote from: silverton_ford on April 27, 2018, 01:45:46 PM

I am looking for the Prudhomme Shelby Part poster that was created in the late 1960's.  I have a few of the other posters that they made back then and need this one to round out my collection for my extra bedroom.  Does anyone have one they are willing to part with?  (See photo below)

Thank you,
Brian
503-302-3471
Better call Vern.  ;)
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Vernon Estes

Rather than a call...I'd prefer a large spotlight which could be shined into the sky with some sort of identifying logo where ever I am needed...  8)

In all seriousness, The prudhomme posters are remarkably rare and repops do exist in limited quantities.

I've had 3-4 in the past but they are not an easy find. I'll certainly remember this thread if I come up with one in the near future!

Kind regards,
Vern
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

silverton_ford

Quote from: Vernon Estes on April 28, 2018, 09:30:54 AM
Rather than a call...I'd prefer a large spotlight which could be shined into the sky with some sort of identifying logo where ever I am needed...  8)

In all seriousness, The prudhomme posters are remarkably rare and repops do exist in limited quantities.

I've had 3-4 in the past but they are not an easy find. I'll certainly remember this thread if I come up with one in the near future!

Kind regards,
Vern

Thank you Bob and Vern.

I have been looking for a while now and haven't come up with one yet, so I figured what can a "wanted ad" hurt?  I am just a collector, so just looking to ad this one to the others.

Do the reproductions differ from the originals at all?  Other posters in reproduction forms have distinct differences, do these?

Thank you, Brian

Shelby_r_b

Nothing beats a classic!

Special Ed

this is a hard poster to find & i remember years ago calling don p. about his poster & he didnt know it was even a colloctors item but that was many years ago.

Vernon Estes

I do love the effort, Jim...but you cropped out one of the two good things in that picture. The first, of course, being the shirt I am wearing which has American bulldogs on it. The wife loves that one...  The second thing being the nugget!

Oh, and on how to tell a repop...the repops have a flt, non reflective type of paper. That paper on the repops is also much thicker and is clearly laser printed if you put it under a loupe. I believe the original imaged which was posted on this thread is a repop but not entirely certain. Regardless, ive seen plenty of repops sell for a bunch of money because bidders didnt know any better. The originals are on the same type of poster that the red 1969 Shelby Accessories poster is on which is basically the sister poster to the Prudhomme poster.

Kind regards,
Vern
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

terlingua11

Since this is kind of a crossover poster you might try hitting up some of the drag racing forums. Since this isn't just Shelby specific. I found one years ago from a drag race collector. Not a Shelby guy.
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

silverton_ford

Quote from: Vernon Estes on April 29, 2018, 10:15:07 AM

Oh, and on how to tell a repop...the repops have a flt, non reflective type of paper. That paper on the repops is also much thicker and is clearly laser printed if you put it under a loupe. I believe the original imaged which was posted on this thread is a repop but not entirely certain. Regardless, ive seen plenty of repops sell for a bunch of money because bidders didnt know any better. The originals are on the same type of poster that the red 1969 Shelby Accessories poster is on which is basically the sister poster to the Prudhomme poster.

Kind regards,
Vern

Thank you Vern.  That helps out a lot.   I have had three of the red 1969 Shelby accessories posters, so I can understand what to look for.   
Thank you, Brian

98SVT - was 06GT

I've got a melted piston and rod from his 1985 season. He signed it at a CS birthday party in LA a couple years ago.
Interested in this? Thinking it needs to go somewhere besides my closet.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

silverton_ford

Quote from: silverton_ford on April 27, 2018, 01:45:46 PM

Thank you,
Brian
503-302-3471

I am still looking for a Prudhomme Shelby parts poster.   I have an extra red Shelby girl poster with the Lone Star Cobra in the background that I would trade. (example photo attached).

69mach351w

silverton_ford

Quote from: 69mach351w on March 24, 2019, 09:06:26 PM
Was this Prudhomme Shelby poster a magazine centerfold?

Not exactly....

There is one version of the photo as a centerfold in the June 1968 Car Craft.

More information in this thread:  http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=3961.msg34628#msg34628