News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

65 roll bar

Started by Jbarela, October 21, 2021, 12:15:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbarela

Just picked up a roll bar and threw it in the car to see how it fits. Looks like the seat brackets need to be removed. Anyone have pictures to share of the welds to the floor.

Jim Herrud

I had a bolt-in roll bar fabricated for my '65 Fastback. The baseplate mounts are welded to the body at select frame locations.

Shelby Buff.
I used to be a "Vintage Car" guy. Now I'm just a "Vintage" car guy.
"There's never enough horsepower - Just not enough traction." - C.S.
Straight Roads are for Fast Cars. Turns are for Fast Drivers.

SFM5S000

Quote from: Jbarela on October 21, 2021, 12:15:29 AM
Just picked up a roll bar and threw it in the car to see how it fits. Looks like the seat brackets need to be removed. Anyone have pictures to share of the welds to the floor.

Jimmy,

The roll bar base shares the approximate location as the front mount of the over ride traction bar. So depending on what you're building you need to take that into consideration and adjust accordingly. Another is the angle and location of the back bar braces. They need to clear the large side interior panels. (Unlike the idiot that installed mine)
There is a "correct" location for the main hoop bar, and the location as to where you notch the interior panel to come through.
At this time you can now fit the back brace bar and insure you can remove and install that big panel.
A good friend and member of NorCal SAAC fixed mine. PM me and I'll give you his info. He's up in Mountain View.
You can't just throw it in there.
I have pictures somewhere. I'll try and dig them up.

Cheers,
~Earl J

Jbarela

Quote from: SFM5S000 on October 21, 2021, 08:16:26 AM
Quote from: Jbarela on October 21, 2021, 12:15:29 AM

Jimmy,

The roll bar base shares the approximate location as the front mount of the over ride traction bar. So depending on what you're building you need to take that into consideration and adjust accordingly. Another is the angle and location of the back bar braces. They need to clear the large side interior panels. (Unlike the idiot that installed mine)
There is a "correct" location for the main hoop bar, and the location as to where you notch the interior panel to come through.
At this time you can now fit the back brace bar and insure you can remove and install that big panel.
A good friend and member of NorCal SAAC fixed mine. PM me and I'll give you his info. He's up in Mountain View.
You can't just throw it in there.
I have pictures somewhere. I'll try and dig them up.

Cheers,
~Earl J
always the savior! PM on the way