Author Topic: 69 Gat350 front turn signal lamps ground wire  (Read 1599 times)

SChatman

• View Profile
69 Gat350 front turn signal lamps ground wire
« on: October 23, 2021, 03:01:27 PM »
Can anyone please tell me where and what the ground wire attaches to and what bolt or screw is use for the front turn lamp wiring? A picture would be great.
Thank you

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: 69 Gat350 front turn signal lamps ground wire
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2021, 06:36:20 PM »
Can anyone please tell me where and what the ground wire attaches to and what bolt or screw is use for the front turn lamp wiring? A picture would be great.
Thank you
The ground is attached to the threaded post used to fasten the park light housing to the fiberglass lower valance. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 11:41:00 AM »
Hey Bob, thanks for the picture and the help with this. Steve, enjoyed coming over and meeting you yesterday. Thank you for being such a gracious host.
Tom - DFW, Texas

SChatman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2021, 06:01:02 PM »
Thanks Bob, that really helps but I can’t quite make out what kind of nut that is, it looks kind of like the self tapping nut with the built in shoulders like the ones that attaches the quarter window trim (boomerang), instead of an actual threaded nut. My originals just had an ordinary nut like you’d get at the hardware store but there was a lot of wire splicing ant the fiberglass had been patched so it probably got messed up in a fender bender and whoever fixed it used whatever they could find.
It was good to meet and talk to you Tom!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 06:07:16 PM by SChatman »

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2021, 06:36:46 PM »
Steve that looks like the right piece, just a piece of pressed steel, what I would call a Tinnerman nut.

Here’s one that is zinc not cadmium plated: https://www.huyett.com/products/fasteners/engineered-fasteners/palnuts/eflnw-de832075soh-b
Tom - DFW, Texas

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2021, 09:20:16 PM »
The one in the picture is a threaded flange nut. like what holds the reverse lights on.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

SChatman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2021, 09:00:06 AM »
Thanks Bob.

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2021, 11:55:04 AM »
I should clarify that unlike the reverse light nut which were typically silver the survivor car ones I have seen used on the Shelby front park lights showed evidence of being zinc dichromate (gold) on the protected bottom side of the nut when loosened.

SChatman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2021, 09:58:06 PM »
Ok, thanks Bob