News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

GT350 seat belt eye bolts

Started by 6s1640, October 23, 2021, 10:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6s1640

Hi all,

What is the assembly line set of eye bolts, two short and two long?  Or did cars come with a mix or all long.  See below image of short and long.

Does the long go on inboard side in hump with underlayment and padding to go through?  Then short goes on outboard side with just carpet to penetrate?

Thank

Cory

GT350Lad

Hi Cory, I think from memory my car had similar length bolts that where marked G3 I think? From memory there are similar lengths
I'll check

6S373
6S1276

Bob Gaines

Quote from: GT350Lad on October 23, 2021, 11:15:12 PM
Hi Cory, I think from memory my car had similar length bolts that where marked G2 I think? From memory there are similar lengths
I'll check
I have seen G3 marked eye bolts included with the lap belt kits.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

GT350Lad

Thanks Bob, I corrected my post to '3'
6S373
6S1276

6s1640

Hi all,

Thanks for the input.  IIRC, the long eye bolt does have the G and maybe the 3.  I will have to check again.

I was hoping someone could provide input on the mix of bolts, long, short and which side they install?

Thanks

Cory

deathsled

Quote from: 6s1640 on October 24, 2021, 04:49:55 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for the input.  IIRC, the long eye bolt does have the G and maybe the 3.  I will have to check again.

I was hoping someone could provide input on the mix of bolts, long, short and which side they install?

Thanks

Cory
My theory is that the short ones go into the side where the rocker panel is located.  The longer bolts go in where the transmission hump is located as a further means to be able to install a driveshaft safety loop on the 1965s.  Even though the 66s did not have a driveshaft safety loop, perhaps the "tradition" "carried over" (pun intended) in the 1966 production run?
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

olaf427

Not to high jack the thread but do they reproduce the larger ones?  I have 2 short ones. Olaf