The Cars > 1969-1970 Boss 302/429

Boss 302 Laguna rim authentication

(1/6) > >>

deathsled:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNQDFiO4Kl4

98SVT - was 06GT:
Some companies have castings and forgings (the dirty work) made in China then do the finish machine work here.

deathsled:

--- Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on October 24, 2021, 04:47:25 PM ---Some companies have castings and forgings (the dirty work) made in China then do the finish machine work here.

--- End quote ---
They turned out nicely.  Keepers for some show perhaps.  I would like to get a set of BBS rims that are "from the day" which in this case is only 8 years ago so not too old yet to make them that hard to find. Yet.

67 GT350:
Yes, the China rims should last, the car does not see winter. However, it is too bad that they are made in Communist China, they sure do have a "good quality flu" that they shipped over to us, our top Doctor did invest with them, (the proof is there now). There is nothing we can do at this point.
A high end Speaker company, B&W (Bowers and Wilkinson) built a factory in China, with parts made in England, for how long, they actually ship parts and assemble their speakers in China. It can boggle the mind that a company can turn a higher profit by do that.
You are right we cannot live in the past.
Yada yada yada, sorry, Great find, it is nice to find nice spare parts for a nice car.

deathsled:
For four years we were headed back in the right direction only to see it all derailed.  I still try to buy American (and Canadian) but it is nearly impossible to do so.  I'm reaching the point of capitulation and realize that my inconsequential voice will never be heard over the tidal wave of globalism.  So I focus on other things than following politics because hearing the current news is frustrating.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version