News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Boss 302 Laguna rim authentication

Started by deathsled, October 24, 2021, 04:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

So I got to thinking, in the event some of these cars end up in some dilapidated pile and there are still those that have a penchant to restore the past, does that mean (in the unlikely event that the USA begins a new manufacturing base and remakes these rims), restorers will be coveting rims made in China because they are factory original over American made ones that would be considered "aftermarket knockoffs?"  Truly a strange time that I live in.  How did I get here?
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

shelbydoug

Quote from: deathsled on November 06, 2021, 11:54:09 PM
So I got to thinking, in the event some of these cars end up in some dilapidated pile and there are still those that have a penchant to restore the past, does that mean (in the unlikely event that the USA begins a new manufacturing base and remakes these rims), restorers will be coveting rims made in China because they are factory original over American made ones that would be considered "aftermarket knockoffs?"  Truly a strange time that I live in.  How did I get here?

Paul Simon somewhat touched upon this confusion a while ago. In part he said:

A man walks down the street
He says, "Why am I soft in the middle, now?
Why am I soft in the middle?
The rest of my life is so hard
I need a photo-opportunity
I want a shot at redemption
Don't want to end up a cartoon
In a cartoon graveyard"
Bonedigger, Bonedigger
Dogs in the moonlight
Far away in my well-lit door
Mr. Beerbelly, Beerbelly
Get these mutts away from me
You know, I don't find this stuff amusing anymore

So why should you be any less confused?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

deathsled

That made me confused about being confused.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

shelbydoug

Quote from: deathsled on November 07, 2021, 12:13:45 PM

Yes! Confusion is usually very confusing.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Don Johnston

FL SAAC

Confucius Says Confusion Is Proverbial

Quote from: deathsled on November 07, 2021, 12:13:45 PM
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Don Johnston

Quote from: FL SAAC on November 07, 2021, 02:23:22 PM

Confucius Says Confusion Is Proverbial

Your grasshopper thanks you for your wisdom. 8)

FL SAAC

I don't agree with you, these cars are destined for greatness and future collectivety just like the originals......they will ALWAYS be cherished and never neglected

I have all UNGOLD cars

shelbydoug

Quote from: FL SAAC on November 07, 2021, 03:04:38 PM
I don't agree with you, these cars are destined for greatness and future collectivety just like the originals......they will ALWAYS be cherished and ker neglected

If you look real closely at picture #3, way, way in the back there is a red '66 on top of the heap. It's on top so it can't be too bad. You can probably get that one for less then $80,000? Call him.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

I congratulate you on your  excellent vision, would that be a GT350 ?

Quote from: shelbydoug on November 07, 2021, 04:34:30 PM
I don't agree with you, these cars are destined for greatness and future collectivety just like the originals......they will ALWAYS be cherished and ker neglected

If you look real closely at picture #3, way, way in the back there is a red '66 on top of the heap. It's on top so it can't be too bad. You can probably get that one for less then $80,000? Call him.

I have all UNGOLD cars

shelbydoug

Quote from: FL SAAC on November 07, 2021, 05:01:41 PM
I congratulate you on your  excellent vision, would that be a GT350 ?

Quote from: shelbydoug on November 07, 2021, 04:34:30 PM

There are no 66 GT500's. Haven't you heard?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

cosa ha detto, niente GT500 ovviamente no

I have all UNGOLD cars

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!