News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

67 GT500 RH exhaust manifold

Started by Kyle, October 26, 2021, 03:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyle

Hi all,

I have this exhaust manifold and it has a cutting are.
Is this from factory or a past owner modification?
I need to know from protection line were for a Mustang 1967 Shelby GT500?
I am referring were there is the red.
Thanks Kyle.

shelbydoug

I'm pretty sure that it is not stock. Someone has enlarged the opening.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

gt350hr

+1 "modified" It will still seal with a flat gasket and spacer combination. Possibly enlarged for a CJ spacer.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

warwick

That is stock for a later 68 model without spacer or exh ctl valve. The donut fits in exhaust manifold. The casting number is C60E 9430A. I have one one exactly like it on a late 68 FE.

warwick

It uses the later year(68) H-pipe for 390/427/428.

warwick

When I say later year 68 I am referring to Mustang/Cougar with 390 GT FE Manifolds. I do not believe any 67 or 68 Shelby GT 500's would have that manifold. I think they had ctl valve or spacer and the H pipe for them.

Kyle

Thanks a lot for all the good information.I have the RH exhaust spacer control valve.I need to weld that circle were someone removed the 90° angle please?

I found this image in this forum it is the same part number like mine.

Is that how I need to make it for an early Mustang 1967 Shelby GT500?

PrettyMuchAShelbyGuy

Looks to me like they were experiencing gasket mating issues and decided to use a 'donut' style gasket that is made for 'flare/flare' vs. 'flare/flat' that extends into the manifold a short way (3/8"?) and tried to make it work.
Tom - DFW, Texas

gt350hr

Quote from: Kyle on October 27, 2021, 04:15:41 AM
Thanks a lot for all the good information.I have the RH exhaust spacer control valve.I need to weld that circle were someone removed the 90° angle please?

Kyle ,
     As I said since you are using the spacer and gasket , you do not need to repair it. The gasket will seal fine.

Kyle

Quote from: gt350hr on October 27, 2021, 10:32:21 AM
Quote from: Kyle on October 27, 2021, 04:15:41 AM

Kyle ,
     As I said since you are using the spacer and gasket , you do not need to repair it. The gasket will seal fine.

Ok thanks were can I buy the gasket please?
Kyle.

gt350hr

Auto parts stores have them . Take the spacer or the manifold to match up the hole spacing.

PrettyMuchAShelbyGuy

Hopefully, this helps.. Should be two PDF's.  Either should work technically.  Some are solid steel, some are a combination of high temperatures material that is malleable and steel.  Good luck Kyle!  Re-tighten them after use..  early & often!
Tom - DFW, Texas

JD

FYI guys, Kyle is in Malta, see attached map, so auto parts stores are not likely to have '60's Ford Big Block exhaust gaskets or much of any thing else. 

(That may also be why the wording on his posts are a little different, I think he may be using a translation app. and those are helpful - but...)

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Kyle

Ok thanks for all the information.
I will buy one of those gasket donut from USA and they ship them to me.

Yes I am from Malta.

Kyle

I have another question, what part number of the RH exhaust spacer control valve should be correct for my early 67 Shelby GT500.

There are a lot of part different part numbers C6AE, C7ZE, only number 5.
Which part number is an assembly line for my car please?