News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Ron's Ford Sales License Plate frame?? 5S276

Started by dockbay, October 28, 2021, 02:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dockbay

Hi All,
I have been monitoring Ebay for several years and checked with all the usual License Plate frame guys and have yet to see a Ron's Ford (Bristol, TN.) license plate frame.. Can anyone confirm for me that they exist? As this was where my car was shipped to from the factory I would love to find a frame for it! Any leads would be appreciated!
Cheers,
John

GT350Lad

Hi John, there is a guy called called "old school automotive licence plate frames" who can reproduce and copy a plate if ur ever existed. He will know

I'll find his details
6S373
6S1276

Greg

Quote from: dockbay on October 28, 2021, 02:34:58 PM
Hi All,
I have been monitoring Ebay for several years and checked with all the usual License Plate frame guys and have yet to see a Ron's Ford (Bristol, TN.) license plate frame.. Can anyone confirm for me that they exist? As this was where my car was shipped to from the factory I would love to find a frame for it! Any leads would be appreciated!
Cheers,
John

John, sorry to say they are long since out of business.  I work in Bristol and have heard the stories, back in the day they had a lot of great Shelby's.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

CSX 4133

Here's one source for reproduction license plate frames, I cannot attest to their quality.

https://greasepitgraphics.com/product-category/license-plate-frames/

Richstang

I thought it was mentioned previously that most dealers in the east didn't have license plate frames.
They had emblems. Maybe this is one of those dealers?
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

J_Speegle

Quote from: CSX 4133 on October 29, 2021, 11:48:18 AM

Here's one source for reproduction license plate frames, I cannot attest to their quality.

Like all the rest that I'm aware of this is a graphic sticker used as an insert rather than the design (name and emblems) cast as part of the plate frame. Guess that is one of the reason some of the originals are so expensive and there is little other choice for something that looks period correct
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

pchmotoho

Quote from: Richstang on October 29, 2021, 05:36:49 PM
I thought it was mentioned previously that most dealers in the east didn't have license plate frames.
They had emblems. Maybe this is one of those dealers?

In my experience I too have seen the frames as more of a west coast thing and emblems for the east coast.