News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1968 Shelby GT500KR 8T03R203207 at Hemmings Auction

Started by Kent, October 31, 2021, 04:41:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kent

SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

Bill

Wonder what it will go for, anyone care to take a stab at that question?

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Rukiddin

Steve Z

I have actually talked to the owner. Seems like a nice car for a daily driver. It is missing some major parts and has had some slight modifications. If it tops $150 I would be surprised. No info on the reserve. Steve

Rukiddin

$179,550 is final cost. $171,000 + 5% buyer fee. I think reserve was $140,000.

stephen_becker

I had a client have me call and ask questions - Lots of rust repair and owner/seller said when they cut out rusted inner fender panels (!) so went the panels and the stamped numbers  :o

stephen_becker

When they restored the car they also added A/C (which you can clearly see)

Bill

Auction/ shows:
11/09/2021
SOLD
$179,550
Inclusive of buyer's fees
Sold Date
Tuesday, Nov 9th, 5:19pm
Number of Bids
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Quote from: stephen_becker on November 09, 2021, 06:30:10 PM
I had a client have me call and ask questions - Lots of rust repair and owner/seller said when they cut out rusted inner fender panels (!) so went the panels and the stamped numbers  :o
.   So no Ford vins then? :o

Bigfoot

Quote from: 557 on November 09, 2021, 07:53:48 PM
Quote from: stephen_becker on November 09, 2021, 06:30:10 PM
.   So no Ford vins then? :o

That's how I would read the above statement as well.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

QuickSilverShelby

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Kent

Good deal for the seller, bad for the buyer. Sometimes it would help if people dont do social networks and would read books and look in forums like these. Time much better spent.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

PrettyMuchAShelbyGuy

Wow... I scanned the pictures, read the ad copy.  Wow.  Shit like that breaks my heart...  Lots of 'weasel words' used to describe the car.  For what is allegedly a 'full rest', there are a lot of issues...  Who in the world that restores cars would ever paint the door checks?  Even taping them off is cheesy enough.  If you install AC, at least source the correct registers.  SMH.  Those tie downs for the surf boards.. Um, yea... Not restored...  Someone REALLY wanted an Aca Blue 68 BB Convertible...
Tom - DFW, Texas