News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Hoovie buys a 66 G.T. 350H race car

Started by deathsled, November 17, 2021, 10:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

This "guy" also had a very large following

Quote from: pbf777 on November 18, 2021, 12:14:34 PM
Quote from: deathsled on November 17, 2021, 10:57:54 PM
He has a large following.

It must be a Lemming event phenomenon!    ::)

But one thing that is (should be) concerning of the car's preparation is the roll-cage execution, this with the cross bar below the dash.  I see this execution repeatedly, and it is solely as a matter of convenience for the fabricator that this is done this way.  The issue is, if the car should tumble with the occupant truly being restrained by the his belts, one's legs aren't; which will lead to them impacting this bar and often resulting in fractured legs!  :o

And yes, I see the padding (maybe an acknowledgement of a concern?  ??? ); but don't think that in a significant bounce, where one might really be counting on that roll-cage, that it's going to make any real difference.   ;)

So, even though one may very well survive the horrendous crash, with this bar execution it just might not be one that you walk away from!   ::)

Scott.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

Yes I the CSM genie will grant you this one wish !

Abracadabra ... 6S727

Quote from: 427hunter on November 18, 2021, 11:29:19 AM
Does anyone know this cars number? Maybe it was the angle, but it looked like a new repro tag.

I have all UNGOLD cars

deathsled

Quote from: FL SAAC on November 18, 2021, 12:50:02 PM

But one thing that is (should be) concerning of the car's preparation is the roll-cage execution, this with the cross bar below the dash.  I see this execution repeatedly, and it is solely as a matter of convenience for the fabricator that this is done this way.  The issue is, if the car should tumble with the occupant truly being restrained by the his belts, one's legs aren't; which will lead to them impacting this bar and often resulting in fractured legs!  :o

And yes, I see the padding (maybe an acknowledgement of a concern?  ??? ); but don't think that in a significant bounce, where one might really be counting on that roll-cage, that it's going to make any real difference.   ;)

So, even though one may very well survive the horrendous crash, with this bar execution it just might not be one that you walk away from!   ::)

Scott.
"Large" is such a subjective term.  Like many terms.  But hey, I was the one who used said term so shame on me.  And for the record I am not a follower on his channel, but I am aware of his existence, as I am aware of the existence of the current President.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

Large !

Quote from: deathsled on November 18, 2021, 12:55:53 PM
Quote from: FL SAAC on November 18, 2021, 12:50:02 PM

Scott.
"Large" is such a subjective term.  Like many terms.  But hey, I was the one who used said term so shame on me.  And for the record I am not a follower on his channel, but I am aware of his existence, as I am aware of the existence of the current President.

I have all UNGOLD cars

deathsled

That is why it is so important to have critical thinking skills in this life.  Many do not.  Just as important to have such skills when buying a Shelby.  There, I just made my commentary relevant to the site.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Maybe we should be glad younger folks (he) are into these cars.  If he has influence, there could be a whole lot more Shelby fans.

One frustrating aspect of this forum is the negative 'wet blanket' mentality many threads turn into.

Jon

FL SAAC

Just found out that Hoovie purchased a new GT500 760 HP  3.3 zero to 60 ( yeah I know not as fast as the regular C8 2.8 seconds) . His antics are unreal especially when he brings his mechanic to check out a brand new car, the look on the mechanics face LMAO 

Take a look, love this guy !

Watch "Why this 2021 Shelby GT500 Mustang is the first new car I have purchased in over 10 years!" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rPC6ArDN8WQ

I have all UNGOLD cars