News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

The G.T. 350 Garage YouTube channel

Started by deathsled, November 01, 2021, 12:07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corbins

Quote from: Bob Gaines on November 03, 2021, 12:10:21 PM
Quote from: 6S1523 on November 03, 2021, 11:41:01 AM
I don't know when it happened, but early Shelby owner's never used to be such judgmental pricks.  From what I can tell the older some of you get, the worse you've become though.  Perhaps you just feel safe saying whatever you like from the security you afford yourself by being behind your computer screen, a phenomenon that seems to be the new norm since social media has exposed how awful people, especially later life adults, really are.  It's just odd, because I'm certain that face to face you'd keep your opinions to yourself because you'd be too afraid of the consequences that would come from showing your true self.

Not all of us want to spend thousands of hours to preserve washers and screws.  I'm not making any claims of performing a proper "restoration" in any authentic or concourse sense.  At the same time, there is a significant effort being made to preserve the integrity of the car so it can easily be returned to stock and restored to its correct original form if I ever desire that in the future.  Every original part from the car is being retained, and every effort has gone into acquiring missing parts for future restoration purposes.  The very limited modifications to the chassis are correctable with relative ease (I'll need to weld up a small hole or two), but none of that matters if it doesn't fit your opinion of what this car should be I'm sure.

Regardless, it's my car, these are my choices, if you don't like them, please: don't watch the video content, and definitely don't bother asking me about it here or in person if we cross paths at a regional event or a future convention. 

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Wow ,I didn't know being supportive and wishing you success could be taken as such a bad thing. Geez after putting yourself on the internet for all to see and comment on you react to my least harsh yet supportive  commentary then I hope you don't do something very stupid when someone is truly critical.
I guess your right, most of us are "older" , but I doubt any would be so scared of you as to not give their honest opinion when ask... and sometimes when not ask. Get over yourself youngen.

69mach351w

Quote from: 6S1523 on January 11, 2022, 11:54:03 AM
I'm done.  This place is clearly for opinionated assholes who thrive on bullying people about their cars.  It's sad, because SAAC used to be a really fantastic group of likeminded people, I know this because I've participated in the club and events dating back to SAAC 9.  I don't need to come here to be belittled and berated by impotent keyboard warriors.
When I started here several years back, "some" accused me of taking their business from them just because I enjoyed selling "Anything" Mustang and Shelby. Had been doing it for many years before ever stepping foot into this room.

So, I just let it flow over my back and eventually had some of those "Accusers"  buying parts from me.  ;D

deathsled

I hope he continues making videos and visiting this site from time to time.  Perhaps he is a bit angry but I say that is a good thing because it is a sign of male health in all seriousness.  It means good levels of testosterone and men are meant to spare with each other from time to time.  Sparing between males is rife through the animal kingdom.  No one should really apologize for it.  It's in our nature.  These days we have a testosterone shortage in young men partly from chemicals in the foods and additives such as soy.  Why is there so much soy in our food stuffs?  It is one of the toughest substances to shop your way out of at the grocery store.  Look at some labels and you will see.  The labels don't tell you that soy is a phytoestrogen that mimics the female estrogen.  It is to be avoided in men at all costs.  It's in some other food stuffs but soy is the worst.
Yeah, somewhat off topic I know, but it sort of applies to explain the exchanges that occurred on this thread does it not?
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

CharlesTurner

Quote from: deathsled on January 12, 2022, 09:36:18 PM
Yeah, somewhat off topic I know, but it sort of applies to explain the exchanges that occurred on this thread does it not?

Put everyone in this conversation in a bar together, in person, talking car stuff and it would be a very different situation.

The only issue with the exchange that occurred here is a lack of effective communication skills.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

FL SAAC

Good morning brother Charles

I know the intent is good,  but not a bar.  To much smoke,  liquor and possibly women of ill repute to contaminate our pure minds and bodies.

May I suggest a county fair,  a baseball game, a fishing excursion or just around the corner the MLK parade. There we can come together as one and share in the festivities.

May I also recommend that everyone follow our free postings under fighting negativity and also our pod cast under the same  name in order to achieve inner peace

Today's inspirational qoute:

"There is no path to happiness; happiness is the path."

Now back to the topic,  Shelby on YouTube

Quote from: CharlesTurner on January 13, 2022, 12:59:14 AM
Quote from: deathsled on January 12, 2022, 09:36:18 PM

Put everyone in this conversation in a bar together, in person, talking car stuff and it would be a very different situation.

The only issue with the exchange that occurred here is a lack of effective communication skills.
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert