News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Just business or shady dealing?

Started by cutter, April 29, 2018, 05:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITHERTZ

Quote from: cutter on May 02, 2018, 12:44:26 PM
Hey....speaking of that, what are the capitol gains tax laws on a purchase such as a 6 figure shelby??

You pay sales tax if applicable on the purchase in your state.   Your capital gains on the sale depends on your tax bracket, what you profit from it and how long you have owned it.  Don't bother asking for a capital LOSS if the value tanks to shrink your tax burden, though.  The house has the rules stacked in their favor.  (:

shelbymann1970

Quote from: cutter on May 02, 2018, 12:44:26 PM
Hey....speaking of that, what are the capitol gains tax laws on a purchase such as a 6 figure shelby??
when you sell if you make a profit you pay either 20 or 25 percent the last time i sold a car. Keep all receipts and they wouldn't let me write off any other cars i "lost" money on that year against the profits of said sold car. Of course with the new tax laws it could have changed. .
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

cutter

Part 2

Ebay auction for a black KR increases BIN price 30K overnight....must be greatest investment ever???