Author Topic: First sign of the Apocalypse! Shelby does an electric Mustang Mach-E  (Read 4558 times)

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: First sign of the Apocalypse! Shelby does an electric Mustang Mach-E
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2021, 04:21:27 PM »
Electric "Eluminator" crate motor now available.  Build your own clone now!

https://www.lethalperformance.com/ford-performance-m-9000-mache-eluminator-281hp-317tq-mach-e-electric-motor.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw5oiMBhDtARIsAJi0qk1xNaO38wRqQHI0aSVdDdyICnCv7GDEVAOGbMc6uTGGPyBLrSqYAuAaAnlUEALw_wcB

I know a guy who tried to get one a couple weeks ago he was told delayed shipping - lack of controller chips.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2021, 04:39:57 PM »
How would you incorporate that into an old car? What else do you need? LOL
RARE  Signature Delete

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2021, 05:04:15 PM »
Lots of cash.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2021, 06:50:28 PM »
How would you incorporate that into an old car? What else do you need? LOL

Large  Cash Infusions
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2021, 11:20:56 PM »
Regardless of what it says in the Shelby press release, I doubt that Carroll would be too enthusiastic about this.   

To the forum:  Please restrain your comments about how he'd sign a toilet seat if there was a buck in it, or how many times he's sued others, or took advantage of widows & orphans, didn't hand out trick-or-treat candy, et al.  I'm just talking about this particular vehicle.

Yes, Carroll might mouth a couple of sound bites about what an interesting new technology it is, blah blah blah, how he started as a chicken farmer, won LeMans, then blah blah blah. We know the scenario. 

BUT: IMO...this car is not what the Carroll I'd been personal friends with for nearly 30 years would've liked. 

Aren't there enough exciting ICE vehicles being made by Shelby LV, and enough parts being peddled, to keep the company going strong without slapping a set of stripes and wheels and an upholstery kit on this thing, and calling it some sort of "Shelby special edition"? 

To me, this move greatly dilutes the Shelby brand.  I hope to hell this inane decision-making doesn't continue.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 11:25:46 PM by Side-Oilers »
Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2021, 11:37:11 PM »
Carroll did acknowledge future technologies.  He worked with UC Riverside to develop the hydrogen 427 red Cobra.  It was on display for years at the LV shop.  Unfortunately at the time the range was limited due to available pressure allowed in fuel tanks.  We did once talk about EV decades ago but he felt that the cost and technology was a long way away at the time. He was more intersected was in the next best ICE toy that could carry his name. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/HydrogenSocieties/comments/et1kr3/shelby_cobra_was_converted_to_run_on_hydrogen_in/

However, I am not sure how he would look at this Prius killer attempt.  Boost the power and range and enhance the design to more than a bunch of stripes and carbon fiber add-ons, it might be more interesting.  Of course, CHS royalty payments will be a strong focus of approval now.

So it is the battle of heresy versus marketing brilliance. 8)

Side-Oilers

• SAAC Member
  • SAAC member since 1981.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2021, 11:49:01 PM »
Don, I certainly agree.  Especially your last sentence.  I will always have a tough time choking down that reality.   

Current:
2006 FGT. Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs, 3.90 gears. 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra. 482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Formerly:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model 3-spd stick

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2021, 12:53:41 AM »
The big gulp will come when they start chowing up at SAAC conventions and doing silent running track time.    ::)

QuickSilverShelby

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2021, 12:54:31 AM »
I was at SEMA yesterday and saw it.  I glanced at it as I walked by but I didn't stop to look it over.  I just thought it was a bit ridiculous.  What could Shelby put on this car besides a bunch of emblems, decals and fancy interior crap?

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2021, 10:13:44 AM »

Again vrooooom F

I was at SEMA yesterday and saw it.  I glanced at it as I walked by but I didn't stop to look it over.  I just thought it was a bit ridiculous.  What could Shelby put on this car besides a bunch of emblems, decals and fancy interior crap?

QSS

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2021, 11:00:36 AM »

QSS

The new "Shelby people" would always show up at the "Convention" and would just stay away from non-enthusiastic supporters of their offerings.

I'll give Amy credit (during the lawsuit) of showing up with a New Shelby and running the track with it but the dudes running the trailer are a different story.

Too many x-cons working for SA then (and now) and I didn't need to be told to eff off more then once. It's not that I won't take up the challenge but the Convention is not the place and I do have an agreement in place with the last judge that I will not hit anyone any more.

If they can't convince me that I should be a customer of their products, I'll take their word for it. They can just put me down to another successful non-sale. Somehow it just doesn't sound like solid business strategy though?

A longtime Shelby enthusiast that you can't convince at all?  Something wrong with that I think? You shouldn't have to bet me into submission.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 11:12:20 AM by shelbydoug »
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2021, 03:22:43 PM »

Biggest thing is handling and a new mapping of the acceleration curve. There is something in the works for the production one. I've gotten a report on the successful test.
I wonder when Hot Rod will come out with this EV beating up on an early (or maybe a late one) Shelby like they did with the GLHS. Time marches on and EV gets Detroit closer to their long term goal - the disposable car. Drive it 100,000 and then it costs more to fix it than replace it so you buy a new one and they recycle 90% of the old one into next years car.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2021, 04:54:13 PM »
Is this the beginning of a CS-E numbered series? 8)

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2021, 05:22:51 PM »
and these boys patiently awaiting

I have all UNGOLD cars

Life is short B happy