News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Beat up 350 not mine...

Started by Bigfoot, April 29, 2018, 08:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

67350#1242

Oil pan looks like it sat down in the mud for quite some time while in the car.
67 GT350  SJ 02/01/67  Gray 4spd A/C
67 Coupe  SJ 11/16/66  White Auto A/C PDB

Greg

Its a private listing bidder which is probably a shill bid as I can't see anyone paying $20K for it.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

69mach351w

Quote from: gt350cs on April 30, 2018, 10:57:05 AM
I couldn't believe the oil pan!
Don't quite understand the rusted out oil pan. Car must've been sitting on the ground and the oil pan was as well to have rot all the way through.

I still don't understand these kind of people! Either they're stupid as H3LL and can't read or even knew back in the 70's-80's that these Shelbys were highly collectible because of their nameplate, and they were so different than a regular FB. Even the door data plate says "Special Performance Vehicle". Just don't understand.....

Coralsnake

In the 1970s, these cars were at the bottom of their depreciation cycle. A wrecked car was not worth repairing. It was not until the late 1980s people started resurrecting these wrecks. It's not hard to believe some remain unrestored. I know some about this car and the person selling the car has been chasing it for many years.

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

papa scoops

it was obviously wrecked when it was parted, not worth much back then, not intended to fix (parts pulled wrecking yard style) I parted many of these in the old days. phred

azdriver

Did all 69 Shelbys have the addition wrap on the shock towers?

I think those doors are usable. With a little work....

Bob Gaines

Quote from: azdriver on April 30, 2018, 08:30:46 PM
Did all 69 Shelbys have the addition wrap on the shock towers?

I think those doors are usable. With a little work....
Yes typically even the GT350.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

GT350Lad

Certainly gives new meaning to the phrase "put away wet"
  ;D
6S373
6S1276

OldMil

Some people do not follow car values like some don't follow stocks, RE, coins, etc.  Also, some are not motivated to sell.  I've been after a 69 GT 500 in a barn (yes, really) for 25 years an have offered fair money.  The car's value is past it's peak and is now depreciating as it continues to deteriorate.  Some day, they will decide to sell, but they will end up with less money in the pocket, and for what?  Plus, they would have more hay storage area...

FOMOCO1

GUILTY, THE CAR IS MINE. KNOWN OF THIS 69 ALONG WITH TWO 68 GT500 4 SPEED FASTBACKS THAT SAT ON THIS FARM SINCE THE MID SEVENTIES. ONLY LIVE ABOUT 8 MILES FROM THEM. THE MOTHER OWNED THE BLACK 68 #00730 AND WAS ON HER WAY TO WORK ON A FOGGY MORNING, IN 1974, TURNED IN FRONT OF A CAR AND WAS HIT HARD IN THE RIGHT REAR QUARTER. THIS WAS TOWED BACK TO THE FARM. THIS CAR HAS BEEN RESTORED AND NOW RESIDES IN THE CLEVELAND OHIO AREA. THE SON OWNED THE RED 68 #00801, IN 1972 IT WAS PARKED AT A SERVICE STATION WHERE HE WORKED, SOMEONE LIT THE INTERIOR ON FIRE AND THE CAR WAS DESTROYED. IT TOO WAS TOWED BACK TO THE FARM, THE ENGINE WAS PULLED AND WHAT WAS LEFT OF THE BODY PLACED IN THE FIELD. AS A REPLACMENT CAR, THE SON PURCHASED THIS 69 350 IN CLEVELAND ON SEPT 17, 1973. AFTER THE ACCIDENT THIS CAR WAS TOWED BACK TO THE FARM AND RESTED " BESIDE THE BARN". BACK IN MARCH OF 1989 I WAS FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO CATCH THE FATHER IN A SELLING MOOD AND WAS ABLE TO PURCHASE THE TWO 68s. THE BLACK 500 WAS WRECKED BUT COMPLETE. THE RED 500 WAS JUST A RUSTED HULK WITHOUT THE ENGINE OR TRANSMISSION. HE WOULD NOT SELL THE 69. MIGHT FIX IT UP ONE DAY. FAST FORWARD 29 YEARS, IN MARCH I RECEIVED A CALL FROM THE SONS NEPHEW SAYING THAT WITH BOTH GRANDPARENTS GONE THE FARM IS GOING TO BE SOLD. HE SAID THAT HIS UNCLE WAS READY TO PART WITH THE LAST SHELBY AND THE 428 ENGINE FROM #OO801 AND WAS WONDERING IF I WAS INTERESTED. A DEAL WAS MADE AND ON APRIL 11TH WE RECOVERED IT. WORKING AT FORD MOTOR COMPANY MOST OF MY CAREER AND BEING A CAR GUY ALL MY LIFE, MY HOPE IS THAT THIS SHELBY WILL GO TO A GOOD HOME THAT IT SO MUCH DESERVES AND WILL NEVER HAVE TO SPEND ANOTHER DAY OUTSIDE OTHER THAN AT A CAR SHOW.

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

gt350cs

FOMOCO1,

I appreciate the backstory. Interesting history.

stephen_becker

FOMOCO1 - Leonard (owner) and his brother called me two months ago and asked me the value of the car along with the 428PI motor and an Indian motorcycle - He told me I would have first shot at it but he needed a value first - I told him I charge for my professional consultation services and he said I will end up with the car and motors so waive my fee - I fell for it - I looked at pixs and told him value anywhere between 5k and 15k for car & engines and I valued the motorcycle seperatly and he said great and he would get back to me - He showed me pixs of a charred 68 Shelby center console as well - He (unexpectedly) texted me the night before you came over & a day before i was to send truck to pick up car and motors and said he sold you car and engines for 10k - I was shocked - I asked him what happened with his first right of refusal offer and he just shrugged it off - I should send him a bill for my services -  SGB

OldMil

FOMOCO- what happened to the red 68 hulk?