News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Shelby Drive to Afton VA Today

Started by CSX4781, November 06, 2021, 08:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CSX4781

A small group of early GT350 owners from Eastern and Central VA got together today to make a run up Route 6 from Richmond, through Scottsville and up to a section of the Blue Ridge Parkway south of I-64, ending at The Blue Mountain Brewery in Afton VA for lunch. Larry Barnett, Bob Garland, Greg Bradner and Tim Kilinski drove their 66 and 67 GT350s (I just rode along and took pictures this time). Great company, great weather and great food. Thanks to Tim for organizing this.

deathsled

Great array of Shelbys.  I am biased of course, but I particularly like the red Hertz.  Was that a GPS device on the dash?  Interesting to see plug-in modern technology co-existing with the old tech (and tach).
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

69mach351w

silverton_ford

Great pictures Dave!  Thank you for sharing.  Looks like it was a lot of fun.  :D

And a bug with lemans stripes snuck into the photos!Thanks for posting.

TedS

I've driven Rt 6 and Rt 151 in the Afton area so many times. It had to be a blast to do it in a Shelby. Glad you had fun. Great pictures.

Don Johnston

Looks like someones tach is not working (white 66).?   8)

6S1568

Thanks for sharing the photos. What a great fall day it was to have these beautiful cars on the road. 

s2ms

Dave - 6S1757

Corey Bowcutt

Really enjoyed viewing these photos.  Thanks for sharing.

Corey

corbins

Looks like it was a nice trip man !!  Great pics..... as usual. :)

FL SAAC

Looks like y'all had a great time.

Quick question who owns the Shelby VW ?
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

CSX4781

HAHA, I didn't actually notice the VW in the photo until I was processing my photos that night (I think it was in Scottsville). It was a poor stand in for my blue/white stripes 66 GT350 I left in the garage that day.......

Dave

deathsled

Isn't "Afton" the name of that Medusa Nightmare that ran Brendon Fraser through the gears in a divorce, practically ruining his life?  Scary name for a town.  I'd steer around that one with my Shelby by reason of the nasty connotation it conjures within me.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Don Johnston

Not all Afton towns are bad.  Afton, NY, where my wife mother' family came from originally, has a special industry that we visited years ago:

https://cobraindustriesllc.com/

Aloha 8)