News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

65 Shelby GT350 at 2008 Virginia City Hillclimb

Started by The Old Ranger, April 30, 2018, 08:49:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Ranger

So I was browsing YouTube recently and came across an old cockpit view video of a 65 GT350 running the  2008 Virginia City Hillclimb.
I don't know if it was on SAAC Forum 1.0 or not, but I thought everyone
would enjoy seeing it here on 2.0.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9Bvee2ylgo

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Tom Bosilevac on April 30, 2018, 08:49:24 AM
So I was browsing YouTube recently and came across an old cockpit view video of a 65 GT350 running the  2008 Virginia City Hillclimb.
I don't know if it was on SAAC Forum 1.0 or not, but I thought everyone
would enjoy seeing it here on 2.0.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9Bvee2ylgo
That brings back good memories. I was a long distance member for a few years back in the late 80's,90's? and my self and and another friend made the 1800mile trip a few times just so that we could run this event. Nocal and the Ferrari club have been jointly running the event for decades.I have forgotten how high you travel on the course (It has been awhile) . Hopefully someone will add those details.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

SFM5S000

That looks like 5s234 Fred Maggiora's car (momo steering wheel and signature) It also sounds like him too at the finish he's talking to the passenger (Marco his son). He was a regular at the Virginia City Hill climb along with Terry Kristoviac with his former 6s2055. These are NorCal SAAC guys.

~E

Bob Gaines

Quote from: SFM5S000 on April 30, 2018, 10:44:13 AM
That looks like 5s234 Fred Maggiora's car (momo steering wheel and signature) It also sounds like him too at the finish he's talking to the passenger (Marco his son). He was a regular at the Virginia City Hill climb along with Terry Kristoviac with his former 6s2055. These are NorCal SAAC guys.

~E
Earl, post how long the track and how high you travel over the course. Please. ;D
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

SFM5S000

Bob, the distance is a touch over five miles long and about a 1500 ft elevation climb. Off the top of my head, but the start is at 5000 feet and goes up from there.

Cheers,
~Earl J