News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

5R098 - Kopec & Kretzschmar video

Started by silverton_ford, November 07, 2021, 05:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverton_ford

Here is a video I just converted from VHS to digital and then uploaded it to Youtube for your viewing pleasure.  :-)  This came from the collection of the late Hans Pedersen and from Rick Kopec before Hans.

Rick Kopec and Bernie Kretzschmar go over the details of 5R098.   I do not know what year it is from, but there is a note on the video that it may have been SAAC 24 (1999?)

Enjoy   

https://youtu.be/HL5QRSA-Zt0

Rickmustang

1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT

deathsled

Hey Riiiiiick!  Hope he is well.  He looks like a damn Viking!  Put an axe and sword in his hands and throw on some chainmail and he would be very formidable on the battlefield 1,000 years ago.  Thank you very very much for posting!
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: deathsled on November 07, 2021, 07:44:42 PM
Hey Riiiiiick!  Hope he is well.  He looks like a damn Viking!  Put an axe and sword in his hands and throw on some chainmail and he would be very formidable on the battlefield 1,000 years ago.  Thank you very very much for posting!
An insightful comment: 9 months in the jungles of Viet Nam as Infantry Platoon Leader and Co. Exec. Officer - 2 Silver Stars for Valor, 2 Bronze Stars for Heroism, 2 Purple Hearts, etc, etc
History of the 1st Cavalry Division:
Reorganized and equipped as an airmobile division the "First Team" was quickly shipped to Vietnam becoming the first fully committed division in country. The division became the first division to earn the Presidential Unit Citation during the thirty-five day Pleiku Campaign. Airmobile tactics permitted fast movement on the battlefield as the "Sky Troopers" of the 1st Cavalry Division rode their helicopters into numerous battles. The enemy launched the famous Tet Offensive in late January 1968. Already on the move, the "First Team" rushed north, liberating cities and boldly repelling the enemy offensive. The division's "Sky Troopers" flew in to relieve the besieged Marine base at Khe Sahn and the division was first into Cambodia in May 1970. The first full division into Vietnam was the last full division to leave Vietnam.

Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

GT350Lad

6S373
6S1276

deathsled

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on November 07, 2021, 09:53:48 PM
Quote from: deathsled on November 07, 2021, 07:44:42 PM
An insightful comment: 9 months in the jungles of Viet Nam as Infantry Platoon Leader and Co. Exec. Officer - 2 Silver Stars for Valor, 2 Bronze Stars for Heroism, 2 Purple Hearts, etc, etc
History of the 1st Cavalry Division:
Reorganized and equipped as an airmobile division the "First Team" was quickly shipped to Vietnam becoming the first fully committed division in country. The division became the first division to earn the Presidential Unit Citation during the thirty-five day Pleiku Campaign. Airmobile tactics permitted fast movement on the battlefield as the "Sky Troopers" of the 1st Cavalry Division rode their helicopters into numerous battles. The enemy launched the famous Tet Offensive in late January 1968. Already on the move, the "First Team" rushed north, liberating cities and boldly repelling the enemy offensive. The division's "Sky Troopers" flew in to relieve the besieged Marine base at Khe Sahn and the division was first into Cambodia in May 1970. The first full division into Vietnam was the last full division to leave Vietnam.
Wow!  That is an impressive resume.  I never knew.  My dad and I met Rick several times at SAAC events.  He was kind enough to allow me a ride in the Essex Wire in 1993 at Watkins Glen and the reeled me back in to the Shelby world.  That provided the impetus for me to seek you out and your 6s843.  I am thankful as it changed my life.  No exaggeration here.  It changed my life and my attitude in the most positive of ways.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

69mach351w

@98SVT - was 06GT,

Thanks for the specific information on Rick K.  Myself and a couple friends met him in 1987 and I had knew he was a Vietnam Vet just because in '87 it wasn't a secret of his service there.

And again, my hats off to Mr. Kopec for his service in the War that made Men out of Boys!!!