News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Twilight descends upon a 66 Hertz

Started by deathsled, November 08, 2021, 06:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

But not before a pleasurable drive through the neighborhood. ALONE.  Nothing like driving your car alone with your thoughts wandering free of the interruption from external chatter.  Then I got to thinking.  There are those who, at some point in their lives, were confronted by an external force requesting, if not demanding, that they get rid of their cherished ride.  Or demanded they give up their automotive hobby (or any other hobby for that matter).  The best response is to agree with them and then add the stipulation that said person will now need to give up something they value or cherish as a hobby or anything they consider near and dear to their so-called "heart."  If they have no hobby, then suggesting the removal of a finger might suffice to get the point across.  It would be done by a medical professional with all of the appropriate care needed to see them through it.  The reaction is priceless.  Asking me to give up the Shelby or the Boss 302 is like asking Chopin to give up composing on the piano.  Don't do it.  The result (as George Sands learned) is not exactly what she planned for where Frederik Chopin was concerned.  George Sands was a female using a male's name in France where she wrote fiction under that assumed name.  She was known as a cigar smoker as well.  Unheard of for that time.  Chopin 1.  George Sands 0.  Everyone remembers Chopin.  Very few remember her.  Ta da!
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

Very well expressed and this reminds me ;

"like sands through an hourglass, these are the days of our lives"
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

deathsled

"If you don't get rid of that G. Damned Boss 302, you get the rolling pin!  And we're through!  It's over!"

Me:  "Buh-bye.  I'm going for a drive in the Boss...and you better not be here when I get back."

Luckily, I haven't had the pleasure of such a scintillating and productive conversation, but if I did, this is definitely how it would go down.  I live alone (daughter in the basement excepted) and I don't need to worry about such conversations anymore.  Ever.

I never understood the drive to interfere with one's passions in life.  Why the need to take it away?  Perhaps it is a control thing.  The Scandinavian in me resists such control.   

greekz

Could not agree more with your philosophy.  All of the cars I have owned over the years were sold because I wanted to let them go.  Some with regret as they rolled done the road, others not so much.
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

shelbydoug

About 35-40 years ago there was a newlywed couple with a '68.

The wife became enraged with jealousy and beat the car "to death" with a baseball bat.

True story.

I told everyone here about the story of the guy wanting to show my car to his girlfriend so she would understand? "She said so what, it's a "Camaro".

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

deathsled

Camaro.  Yeah.  A sea shrimp is what it translates to in Spanish I believe. 

shelbydoug

Quote from: deathsled on November 14, 2021, 07:24:43 PM

I hope he didn't marry her? That should have been quite a caution flag?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

deathsled

Quote from: shelbydoug on November 14, 2021, 07:30:23 PM
Quote from: deathsled on November 14, 2021, 07:24:43 PM

I hope he didn't marry her? That should have been quite a caution flag?

More like a core reactor meltdown alarm.

shelbydoug

He was young. Probably horny and didn't immediately realize the significance?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Side-Oilers

^^^ That's exactly what gets most guys in trouble. 
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model