News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1968 Shelby tail light panel color

Started by 427heaven, November 14, 2021, 04:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

427heaven

What is the correct 1968 Shelby Tail light color paint code for that Silver Grey color?

KR500

Ford's Argent Silver is the color. I don't have the paint code handy at the moment.

Rodney
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

hurlbird

high gloss finish like the rest of the body?

427heaven

CharlesTurner

Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

427heaven

While Im on the correct tail light panel color, what is the correct pop rivets in both size and color for same panel?

shelbydoug

Quote from: 427heaven on November 15, 2021, 09:46:45 AM
While Im on the correct tail light panel color, what is the correct pop rivets in both size and color for same panel?

Not pop rivets. Large head black stainless sheet metal screws. '67's use pop rivets. Not '68s.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

427heaven

Thanks Doug thats what I needed to know...

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelbydoug on November 15, 2021, 09:49:25 AM
Quote from: 427heaven on November 15, 2021, 09:46:45 AM

Not pop rivets. Large head black stainless sheet metal screws. '67's use pop rivets. Not '68s.
To be a little more precise the screws installed at AO Smith were a medium to dark grey Phosphate and oil. A truss head lath screw from the hardware store is very similar however they typically come plated zinc silver so you would have to change the finish to be historically accurate. 5 minutes in some muratic acid from the same hardware store strips the finish off then wash in cold water before dunking the screws in some Quick black from Eastwood for about 20 seconds to get the desired finish. You would then dry and coat with your rust inhibitor o choice . I use T9 .   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

427heaven

WOW ...Thanks Bob, that is very specific, and I will try to get them accurate as explained. ;)

Coralsnake

There were two different finishes used on these panel fasteners . They are the black oxide and bright zinc.

KR500

Quote from: Coralsnake on November 15, 2021, 11:39:38 AM
There were two different finishes used on these panel fasteners . They are the black oxide and bright zinc.
+1
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

427heaven