News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Carlite windshield etching orientation

Started by Shawn, November 15, 2021, 12:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn

I'm getting ready to order my front and rear glass for 6S1816.  I have the original rear glass but the windshield is gone.  ESC is the company I'm using and the are asking a few questions on orientation.  Should the windshield etching be on the outside or inside of the windshield?  Should the orientation of the text be in reverse when looking form the outside?

Thanks

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Shawn on November 15, 2021, 12:13:09 PM
I'm getting ready to order my front and rear glass for 6S1816.  I have the original rear glass but the windshield is gone.  ESC is the company I'm using and the are asking a few questions on orientation.  Should the windshield etching be on the outside or inside of the windshield?  Should the orientation of the text be in reverse when looking form the outside?

Thanks
They ask your preference because it was done all of those ways from the factory one time or another. One way is to copy the way it is on the glass your replacing . The typical most desired placement is the etching on the inside and being read from the outside.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Shawn

Thank you Bob!  I appreciate the guidance