News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Please ID this mustang

Started by Eln04r, November 17, 2021, 02:52:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eln04r

Hi all,

I'm in Australia and a friend of a friend has a mustang he wants to sell. It's a 1967 fastback and he advised me that its a Shelby GT500 replica. When inspecting the car I noticed something odd, the VIN is 7R02Qxxxxxx. I can't seem to find any info on a Q code online for a 1967. The car does have a 428 motor however assumed it was installed to replicate the GT500. Could this actually be a GT500?

Thanks in advance

Kent

You should talk to dave mathews here in the forum he is the guy that can tell you something about this car. I will send him this thread so he will answer here or contact you.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

GT350DAVE

This car was rebodied around 2010. The Ford numbers stamped in the chassis are not typical for a San Jose built unit assembled 5/29/67. The same goes for the stamped Shelby Vin. This chassis has a number early 67 features but is a late car. The block date is after 1967 production. The auction house is correct calling it a tribute or clone.
Dave
Support the SAAC Registry