News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Car Transport suggestions/advice

Started by TS69GT500, November 18, 2021, 02:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TS69GT500

Moving from NY to Raleigh NC.
Any suggestions for professional shippers, or any club members who provide this service?
Any thoughts on towing with a rented U-HAUL combo.

Thanks,
TonyS.

68krrrr

Just be prepared for sticker shock I shipped my Shelby across the country about 18 months ago and paid $2200 ,I just purchased another car ,a 34 Ford The price is now $3500 and good luck getting anybody to commit to picking it up .I was told by some of the big guys like Intercity it would be eight weeks before they could even pick it up.There  all claiming its snowbird season and the price of gas and truck driver shortages for the increase .The company I used was Autobaun they picked my car up within two days and had it across the country in four days so it was great service, I just had to pay up for it.
Current
1967 GT500 #1724
Nightmist Blue /Parchment
2005 Ford Gt Midnight blue
Porsche 911 Turbo 2007 Highly modified
1934 Ford Chopped & channeled

Previously owned
1968 GT500KR #03528 Lime green
1968 GT/CS

"Fly low & avoid the radar"
Thanks Adam

Snakebite

I have used my pickup truck and a U-Haul auto trailer to pick up several cars in good weather.  Recently towed my newest purchase, 1961 Starliner with 427 cammer, from KY to PA with no problems.  However, at this time of the year with all of the anti-skid material that they throw on the roads, your car might be sandblasted by the time that you get there.  I tried to rent an enclosed trailer to pick up the Starliner, but that is next to impossible.
1961 Ford Starliner 427 SOHC
1966 427 Cobra Factory Five
1969 Shelby GT500
1970 Mustang Mach 1 428 "R" Code
2014 Shelby GT500

CSX 4133

TonyS I've used this company twice to haul a single vehicle, although it's been a couple of years ago. They were very easy to work with and delivered the car(s) in both instances on time. I cannot say they are the cheapest, a single car will often times be more than multiples, but piece of mind is worth a lot. The two car hauler is the way to go if the price isn't the limiting factor.

https://enclosedvehicletransport.com

shlby66

TonyS,

Charter Auto Transport, is a Shelby experienced transporter. I just sent my Shelby up to Tony Conover's, Performance  Motors this past week with them and they will be bringing it back to Florida, when the work is done. They have moved my Shelby several times now, with no problems. And their prices are competitive.

Charlene and Peter, do a great job and and right now, they are making almost weekly runs, down here to Florida,
bringing the Snow Birds back. So you should be able to schedule a trip with them.

Their number is: 717-961-9386

Doug Creanta

I use Mike he owns ARISTOCRAT MOTOR CARRIERS.  386-931-6793. He's very good.  Just delivered our new 70 GT Torino Conv from Naples FL to Youngstown OH for $1500 enclosed.

BGlover67

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Bigfoot

If you are comfortable towing it yourself I would borrow a friends enclosed. Most of us don't have a car loaded in them this time of year.
It really depends how nice your car is and if you have more than one car you need to move.
Intercity, Reliable and Charter are all good.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

TedS

Reference UHaul, I second everything Snakebite said in reply 2. However, when I've used UHaul car haulers its been for a trip 3 hours or less. Their trailers are stout but I always asked for relatively new equipment to reduce risk of equipment failure. I've never tried using a UHaul truck as tow vehicle nor have I encountered bad weather or bad roads.

Good luck however you go.
TedS

Odenvy

Tony. Intercity lines is the only way to go. Closed, owner operated, no damage. Use them for my high end. Look them up. Good luck. 
3:16

Bill

Quote from: TS69GT500 on November 18, 2021, 02:04:23 PM
Moving from NY to Raleigh NC.
Any suggestions for professional shippers, or any club members who provide this service?
Any thoughts on towing with a rented U-HAUL combo.

Thanks,
TonyS.

Tony,

Car wise, Horseless Carriage, just the other side of the GWB in NJ:
https://www.horselesscarriage.com/
Home content wise, we have had the best of luck with Atlas Van Lines:
https://www.atlasvanlines.com/

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0