Author Topic: 6S1890 - on Bring A Trailer  (Read 3161 times)

silverton_ford

• SAAC Member
  • Been dreaming of a Shelby since I was 7.
    • View Profile
6S1890 - on Bring A Trailer
« on: November 19, 2021, 10:40:16 PM »
Link:  https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-ford-mustang-fastback-54/

Description:

This 1966 Shelby Mustang GT350H is finished in black with gold stripes over black and powered by a 289ci V8 paired with a C4 three-speed automatic transmission. Features include a four-barrel carburetor, electronic ignition, dual-outlet exhaust, hood and side scoops, hood pins, 14″ Magnum 500-style wheels, front disc brakes, a dash-mounted tachometer, latch-and-link harnesses for both occupants, and a push-button AM radio. The GT350H was the result of a partnership between Ford and the Hertz car rental company, and the car is said to have been acquired by the owner in 1981 before later being refurbished in 2015. This GT350H is offered on dealership consignment in Houston, Texas with refurbishment photos, service records, and a clean Texas title.

The car is said to have been refinished in black with gold stripes during the 2015 refurbishment. Features include chrome bumpers, a hood scoop, quarter windows, and side scoops. The paintwork and exterior trim are shown up close in the photo gallery below.

Chrome-finished 14″ Magnum 500-style wheels wear Hertz “Sports Car Club” center caps and are mounted with Goodyear Blue Streak white-letter tires. Braking is provided by front discs and rear drums.

The cockpit features front bucket seats trimmed in black vinyl and a folding rear bench with textured inserts. A Ford-branded AM radio is mounted in the center of the dashboard along with a competition brake warning sticker, and additional equipment includes latch-and-link harnesses for both occupants and crank windows.

The three-spoke steering wheel fronts a 140-mph speedometer, auxiliary gauges, and a dash-mounted tachometer. The five-digit odometer shows 6k miles, approximately 500 miles have been added by the owner. Total mileage is unknown.

The 289ci K-code Windsor V8 features a four-barrel carburetor, electronic ignition, and was factory rated at 306 horsepower and 329 lb-ft of torque in the GT350H. The engine bay is equipped with an export brace and a straight Monte Carlo bar.

Power is delivered to the wheels through a three-speed automatic transmission and a 9″ rear axle.

***  We discussed the car back in May 2021 when it was on ebay.  Thread here: http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=15076.msg123449#msg123449

pchmotoho

• View Profile
Re: 6S1890 - on Bring A Trailer
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2021, 10:59:26 PM »
Thanks for posting Brian.  Way late car to have under rides on it. 

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2021, 11:17:15 PM »
Thanks for posting Brian. Way late car to have under rides on it.
The first 900 something cars got over ride traction bars . The later rest of production cars got under ride traction bars. 1890 should have underride traction bars.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 11:21:16 PM by Bob Gaines »
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2021, 11:33:28 PM »
Thanks for posting Brian.  Way late car to have under rides on it.

Yes as a "late"/later car under rides would just what we would expect to see

Since the pictures will at one point disappear in the link

Really dislike the WebP format the pictures are posted in on BAT

And all that effort in covering addresses and such on receipts but posted the Ford VIN. But their car their choice
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2021, 05:05:23 AM »

pchmotoho

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2021, 08:58:03 AM »
The first 900 something cars got over ride traction bars . The later rest of production cars got under ride traction bars. 1890 should have underride traction bars.

Thanks guys,  I have ZERO idea what I was thinking. I was completely out of it and misread that number.  Self quarantined and under heavy meds. 

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2021, 11:09:47 AM »

Thanks guys,  I have ZERO idea what I was thinking. I was completely out of it and misread that number.  Self quarantined and under heavy meds.

Well what else can you do in quarantine besides meds? When the directions say take one every eight hours you can't substitute eight every one hour. It doesn't work.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

pchmotoho

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2021, 11:21:03 AM »

Well what else can you do in quarantine besides meds? When the directions say take one every eight hours you can't substitute eight every one hour. It doesn't work.

Ill cut down to 4 an hour.  Even misreading the number doesn't make sense.  189 clearly wouldn't be a Hertz and 890 would fall into the last group of appropriate cars.

Dont post while under the influence.  At least I don't have to drive today. 

5s386

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2021, 12:27:49 PM »
Any comments on this one? Does anyone know the past history, or have photos of the restoration? I have written down comments from the past ebay posting, and SAAC Forum comment posts from 4-2012 and 10-2013.

JohnHouston

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2021, 01:12:14 PM »
I have seen the car a couple of times, once when it was shown at Keels and Wheels, and once at this dealer's shop.  I didn't go over it with a fine tooth comb, but she is a really pretty car with really professional paint.  When at Keels and Wheels, the restoration was fresh, and the owner and restorer were very nice.  The owner bought the car in high school, so I am surprised he ever sold it.

The current owner/dealer is also a really nice guy, who does not seem to have a cash flow problem . . .

John

silverton_ford

• SAAC Member
  • Been dreaming of a Shelby since I was 7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2021, 02:19:54 PM »
Sold - $236,000.00

chris NOS

• SAAC Member
  • 5S241 actual owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2021, 04:13:23 PM »
strong price for a 66 !!

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2021, 04:18:53 PM »
strong price for a 66 !!

It would appear that the market is definitely trending up?  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

chris NOS

• SAAC Member
  • 5S241 actual owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2021, 04:28:29 PM »
i wouldn't bet this 2 years ago , but i was wrong ,prices keeps on going up ....

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2021, 05:14:29 PM »
Strong price. Nice car. Market is still on the way up
6S373
6S1276