News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Autolite battery cover

Started by Odenvy, November 20, 2021, 01:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

67 GT350

Quote from: Bob Gaines on November 21, 2021, 06:43:20 PM
Quote from: 67 GT350 on November 21, 2021, 05:01:42 PM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on November 21, 2021, 04:44:10 PM
Quote from: 67 GT350 on November 21, 2021, 04:38:05 PM
OK let me be sarcastic now:
Who would pay over 300 for a battery knowing that they will not last???? AND Who pays 300K for a Shelby?
OK, yes a 65 GT350 but I do not know any other in 2020 that would pay that much for them....There are tons of "asking" prices near that range, and they usually are being relisted many, many, many, ZZZZZ, many times.
Buy the topper and be happy....
There was my sarcasm for the day.
FYI 300K for a 65 GT350 is more in the needing restoration category not for a restored car.
300K and plus. 300 was the figure that was used. My point was there are not many over that. And, yes there are a few that go there, but very rare.
OK not to belabor the point I am glad to see you amending your previous statement to make it more clear. People wanting and trying to buy a 65 GT350 were thinking with a smile and rubbing their hands together how many can I buy at that 300 price?.

My words came out wrong, simple as that, 300 was the example used by the poster, thus I used it, and did not think I would be jumped on, we all know a 65 Shelby is worth more that that, it was a stating point. So maybe the "battery poster" should also be jumped on as he implied the same thing? He said,  "Funny how the car could be worth 300 and the parts are all garbage." Now I did assume that "The Car" meant Shelby's in general, my bad. I know what he meant and that's what I meant....OK my amendment is this....No Shelby is worth 7 trillion...I hope I made all happy now. Sorry for the offense.
RARE  Signature Delete

Odenvy

I was unaware it was not a real battery. It is not advertised as a case with garbage inside. It says it is a reproduction. I thought it would finish off my GT500 A/C car.
Live and learn!
3:16