News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

" Putting The World on Notice " welcome to the new American Royalty

Started by FL SAAC, November 20, 2021, 05:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

This was just sent to me from a SAAC member who would like to remain anonymous and avoid ostracism.

Everyone please welcome the New American Royalty

If you truly are a car person, your really going to enjoy this clip, go USA  !

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W3NTAImpNBQ
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

67 GT350

I cannot take MASK waring....thus

C constantly
H having
E every
V vehicle
R recalled
O over
L lousy
E engineering
T techniques

No interest. Sorry. But, you enjoy it. LOL
RARE  Signature Delete

GT350DAVE

Support the SAAC Registry

67 GT350

I hope you guys who want to "drive one" or "Want one" have either grey hair, a ponytail, bald, or a girlfriend who is 3 years younger than you are.....That is a requirement for a corvette. Oh, I almost forgot,  you MUST not know how to drive a manual. MUST! It is not about fun, its about how you are perceived behind the wheel.
RARE  Signature Delete

Jim Herrud

When I got my '97 Corvette, my hair was brown, high and tight. My wife was (and still is) 2 years younger than me. Manual?...Check. I owned the car for 20 years, 175K miles and lots of Autocrosses. For me, it's all about the fun!

I enjoy the good natured rivalry between car brands, but never understood those who take it to the level of vitriol. My brother-in-law is defiantly in the "Mopar or No Car" camp.

I drove my '65 Mustang in Autocross for many years before taking it down for a rebuild in '93 (my never-ending project – "I'll get it done this year!"). I showed up at the next autocross with my '94 Firebird Formula that "I bought for my wife" ;). As expected, most of my Ford buddies gave me a ribbing, but there were a few who were genuinely peeved. I had a ball with that car!

In '97, I doubled down on GM with the Corvette. It is one of the best cars I've owned. I might still have it except Chevy no longer supports the electronics, so I raided a wrecking yard, found my module and sold the car.

In 2019, I wanted to start doing track days. I've always had a passion for Shelby's and for me, the '19 GT350 has turned out to be the perfect weapon.

The first time I showed up at an Autocross with the GT350, the Ford guys obviously approved and most of my Chevy buddies gave me a ribbing, but as before, some of them were genuinely annoyed. Why? We live in wonderous times with an amazing selection of automotive toys. I've owned Dodges, Audis, BMWs, Pontiacs, Chevys and Fords. I think some were better than others, but I had fun with each one.

I like what Chevy has done with the new Corvette, though I lament the lack of a manual transmission. If I were racing, I'd have the DCT in a heartbeat, but I'm driving for the fun of it and enjoy the manual. I love the FPC and think it's cool that Chevy followed Ford's lead. To me, the sound is one of the GT350's greatest features.

However, I suspect I'll not be swapping my GT350 anytime soon. It's the best car I've owned yet. I would probably only consider the Z06 (or Z07) option as a worthy replacement. While the GT350 as a track toy is a (relative) bargain, I expect the Corvette Z06 is going to be priced in the exotic region.
Shelby Buff.
I used to be a "Vintage Car" guy. Now I'm just a "Vintage" car guy.
"There's never enough horsepower - Just not enough traction." - C.S.
Straight Roads are for Fast Cars. Turns are for Fast Drivers.

67 GT350

RARE  Signature Delete

shelbydoug

Quote from: Jim Herrud on November 20, 2021, 10:34:56 PM
When I got my '97 Corvette, my hair was brown, high and tight. My wife was (and still is) 2 years younger than me. Manual?...Check. I owned the car for 20 years, 175K miles and lots of Autocrosses. For me, it's all about the fun!

I enjoy the good natured rivalry between car brands, but never understood those who take it to the level of vitriol. My brother-in-law is defiantly in the "Mopar or No Car" camp.

I drove my '65 Mustang in Autocross for many years before taking it down for a rebuild in '93 (my never-ending project – "I'll get it done this year!"). I showed up at the next autocross with my '94 Firebird Formula that "I bought for my wife" ;). As expected, most of my Ford buddies gave me a ribbing, but there were a few who were genuinely peeved. I had a ball with that car!

In '97, I doubled down on GM with the Corvette. It is one of the best cars I've owned. I might still have it except Chevy no longer supports the electronics, so I raided a wrecking yard, found my module and sold the car.

In 2019, I wanted to start doing track days. I've always had a passion for Shelby's and for me, the '19 GT350 has turned out to be the perfect weapon.

The first time I showed up at an Autocross with the GT350, the Ford guys obviously approved and most of my Chevy buddies gave me a ribbing, but as before, some of them were genuinely annoyed. Why? We live in wonderous times with an amazing selection of automotive toys. I've owned Dodges, Audis, BMWs, Pontiacs, Chevys and Fords. I think some were better than others, but I had fun with each one.

I like what Chevy has done with the new Corvette, though I lament the lack of a manual transmission. If I were racing, I'd have the DCT in a heartbeat, but I'm driving for the fun of it and enjoy the manual. I love the FPC and think it's cool that Chevy followed Ford's lead. To me, the sound is one of the GT350's greatest features.

However, I suspect I'll not be swapping my GT350 anytime soon. It's the best car I've owned yet. I would probably only consider the Z06 (or Z07) option as a worthy replacement. While the GT350 as a track toy is a (relative) bargain, I expect the Corvette Z06 is going to be priced in the exotic region.

I just saw the C8 closeup yesterday. That car is small. Smaller then my Pantera. Your feet must wind up just behind the front bumper and it's LOW. Looks like it's "slammed" in the front?

I'm still spinning. I don't know if I love it or hate it yet?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

GT350DAVE

Ford needs to get their act together and come up with something comparable and affordable. We are going to be seeing a lot of these Z06's on the race circuit.
Dave
Support the SAAC Registry

67 GT350

The big 2 and a half need to STOP selling the United States out. "Awake but NOT Woke"- Jp Sears.

The back end of the Corvette is the winner of the Fat Ass Contest. As for the Camaro, Ugly, but beautiful after 10 drinks in the bar.....Were all who seen the Corvette at the "Come to the BAR, have a few, then see the Vette" show?

Back to the Camaro, I can honestly say that it is one car that actually looks more ugly the more you look at it. And, are those taillights I see from a Camaro?

What many need to do is "drive" a 05 06 FGT.
RARE  Signature Delete

shelbydoug

Quote from: 67 GT350 on November 21, 2021, 11:25:44 AM
The big 2 and a half need to STOP selling the United States out. "Awake but NOT Woke"- Jp Sears.

The back end of the Corvette is the winner of the Fat Ass Contest. As for the Camaro, Ugly, but beautiful after 10 drinks in the bar.....Were all who seen the Corvette at the "Come to the BAR, have a few, then see the Vette" show?

Back to the Camaro, I can honestly say that it is one car that actually looks more ugly the more you look at it. And, are those taillights I see from a Camaro?

What many need to do is "drive" a 05 06 FGT.

I didn't get to the ass yet. I'm still checking out the "headlights".

There is this "spacey is better" look going on right now. I used to love Lamborghini's until they completely wound up in the other Universe design wise.

I can deal with the Miuras. I'm thinking right now that a C7 Z06 makes more sense. I just saw one advertised for $31,000 with 1,500 miles on it.

I AM having esthetic issues with the "spacey" C8.

I suppose that means that I'd need to put $2,000 worth of tires on it since the originals are all dried and cracked?

Should I hold out hope that Ford will save me? I gave up on Vipers. They look dated.

This business of going over to the 'Dark Side' IS complicated.

I'm even considering going to an "automatic" after driving a "Porosche" PDK. My left leg is dragging and sometimes "lefty" complains a little about it? Maybe my clutch days are over?

Where is the "Shelby Doc" when you need him? Would a "her" understand better?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

69mach351w

Quote from: 67 GT350 on November 20, 2021, 05:27:33 PM

C constantly
H having
E every
V vehicle
R recalled
O over
L lousy
E engineering
T techniques

OR!!

C can
H hear
E every
V valve
R rattling
O on
L lifter
E every
T time          ;D

shelbydoug

Quote from: 69mach351w on November 21, 2021, 11:49:41 AM
Quote from: 67 GT350 on November 20, 2021, 05:27:33 PM

C constantly
H having
E every
V vehicle
R recalled
O over
L lousy
E engineering
T techniques

OR!!

C can
H hear
E every
V valve
R rattling
O on
L lifter
E every
T time          ;D

Now THAT'S a REAL sign of getting OLD!  :'(
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

67 GT350

Yes, but I will give it to them if the dark side is needed....I would suggest, be the second owner, the old man who bought the Corvette will need to sell it soon, and the 30 plus younger wife won't want it, I think, 45K in a few years, (since there will be so many) is not out of the limit.

BTW, I am 62 and bald myself, I think I look better in a Ford GT (06) than in a Corvette. Nobody is seeing me in a FGT, they are too busy looking at the car.

AND, is it me, I actually have a little problem spotting the new one, as it resembles Corvettes of the past to me. It just does not stand out. And one thing is certain, you will not confuse a FGT with a Mustang.
RARE  Signature Delete