News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

" Putting The World on Notice " welcome to the new American Royalty

Started by FL SAAC, November 20, 2021, 05:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

FORD

Fix
Or
Repair
Daily

LMAO

Quote from: 67 GT350 on November 20, 2021, 05:27:33 PM
I cannot take MASK waring....thus

C constantly
H having
E every
V vehicle
R recalled
O over
L lousy
E engineering
T techniques

No interest. Sorry. But, you enjoy it. LOL
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

+1

Quote from: Jim Herrud on November 20, 2021, 10:34:56 PM
When I got my '97 Corvette, my hair was brown, high and tight. My wife was (and still is) 2 years younger than me. Manual?...Check. I owned the car for 20 years, 175K miles and lots of Autocrosses. For me, it's all about the fun!

I enjoy the good natured rivalry between car brands, but never understood those who take it to the level of vitriol. My brother-in-law is defiantly in the "Mopar or No Car" camp.

I drove my '65 Mustang in Autocross for many years before taking it down for a rebuild in '93 (my never-ending project – "I'll get it done this year!"). I showed up at the next autocross with my '94 Firebird Formula that "I bought for my wife" ;). As expected, most of my Ford buddies gave me a ribbing, but there were a few who were genuinely peeved. I had a ball with that car!

In '97, I doubled down on GM with the Corvette. It is one of the best cars I've owned. I might still have it except Chevy no longer supports the electronics, so I raided a wrecking yard, found my module and sold the car.

In 2019, I wanted to start doing track days. I've always had a passion for Shelby's and for me, the '19 GT350 has turned out to be the perfect weapon.

The first time I showed up at an Autocross with the GT350, the Ford guys obviously approved and most of my Chevy buddies gave me a ribbing, but as before, some of them were genuinely annoyed. Why? We live in wonderous times with an amazing selection of automotive toys. I've owned Dodges, Audis, BMWs, Pontiacs, Chevys and Fords. I think some were better than others, but I had fun with each one.

I like what Chevy has done with the new Corvette, though I lament the lack of a manual transmission. If I were racing, I'd have the DCT in a heartbeat, but I'm driving for the fun of it and enjoy the manual. I love the FPC and think it's cool that Chevy followed Ford's lead. To me, the sound is one of the GT350's greatest features.

However, I suspect I'll not be swapping my GT350 anytime soon. It's the best car I've owned yet. I would probably only consider the Z06 (or Z07) option as a worthy replacement. While the GT350 as a track toy is a (relative) bargain, I expect the Corvette Z06 is going to be priced in the exotic region.

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Forgetabout the ZO6 the monster GT3 race car will soon be for sale also

Quote from: GT350DAVE on November 21, 2021, 11:10:31 AM
Ford needs to get their act together and come up with something comparable and affordable. We are going to be seeing a lot of these Z06's on the race circuit.
Dave

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

FORD

Found
On
Road
Dead

LMAO

Quote from: 69mach351w on November 21, 2021, 11:49:41 AM

C constantly
H having
E every
V vehicle
R recalled
O over
L lousy
E engineering
T techniques

OR!!

C can
H hear
E every
V valve
R rattling
O on
L lifter
E every
T time          ;D

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

No on second owner, do it now make a deal at MSRP and enjoy it soon

Time waits for no one

Quote from: 67 GT350 on November 21, 2021, 11:56:20 AM
Yes, but I will give it to them if the dark side is needed....I would suggest, be the second owner, the old man who bought the Corvette will need to sell it soon, and the 30 plus younger wife won't want it, I think, 45K in a few years, (since there will be so many) is not out of the limit.

BTW, I am 62 and bald myself, I think I look better in a Ford GT (06) than in a Corvette. Nobody is seeing me in a FGT, they are too busy looking at the car.

AND, is it me, I actually have a little problem spotting the new one, as it resembles Corvettes of the past to me. It just does not stand out. And one thing is certain, you will not confuse a FGT with a Mustang.

I have all UNGOLD cars

GT350DAVE

I would rather have an 05-06 FGT but they are not affordable. Wish Ford would build more of them.
Support the SAAC Registry

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: 67 GT350 on November 20, 2021, 08:57:02 PM
I hope you guys who want to "drive one" or "Want one" have either grey hair, a ponytail, bald, or a girlfriend who is 3 years younger than you are.....That is a requirement for a corvette. Oh, I almost forgot,  you MUST not know how to drive a manual. MUST! It is not about fun, its about how you are perceived behind the wheel.

You forgot the 1/2 buttoned shirt and gold chains.

PS - The Vette is proof you can put lipstick on a pig.
I've owned 4 - My 54 was truly GM dipping it's toe in the water. My 63 & 66 were great cars for their time. My 85 was the biggest POS I've ever owned - I rank it below my Vega GT and far below my Yenko Vega.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: GT350DAVE on November 21, 2021, 12:17:26 PM
I would rather have an 05-06 FGT but they are not affordable. Wish Ford would build more of them.

That is the car places like Superformance should build. It's got the looks and is big enough for a real person to get in and drive without being a contortionist. The doors would need to be reworked so they are usable in day to day parking situations.
I'm sure Ford would not allow it though - how about a scaled up MKIV? You know the one that was all American built with all American parts and won LeMans with an all American team. How could GM claim to be America's sports car if that was build again?
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

Today is YOUR lucky day, I am in contact with a very benevolent Nigerian Prince who is ALWAYS helping people !

The Prince had special contacts at F O R D and he, yes only he can order your 2005 or 2006 GT today !

Enclosed is the special magical form for you to fill out. Just scratch out any or all the info on it and supply what your needs are.

Send money to 1 Princes Way, Laos Nigeria zip 12345

c/o Prince Fordilius Mabutonik with a $10,000 donation and watch YOUR dreams come true.

I have all UNGOLD cars

shelbydoug

I just sat in Winkler's the one time at NJ. It was claustrophobic. My head was against the roof liner.

If I drove it regularly, I'd develop a bald spot on the top of my head and there is no room for man spread!

He thought it should be an even swap for a '67 GT500. Oh really? Does he have my number? Maybe I can overlook the shortcomings? :o
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

67 GT350

Quote from: FL SAAC on November 21, 2021, 12:01:28 PM
FORD

Fix
Or
Repair
Daily

LMAO

C constantly
H having
E every
V vehicle
R recalled
O over
L lousy
E engineering
T techniques

F first
O on
R race
D day
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

FORD

Found
On
Road
Dead

Quote from: 67 GT350 on November 21, 2021, 12:58:17 PM
Quote from: FL SAAC on November 21, 2021, 12:01:28 PM
FORD

Fix
Or
Repair
Daily

LMAO

C constantly
H having
E every
V vehicle
R recalled
O over
L lousy
E engineering
T techniques

F first
O on
R race
D day

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

All kidding aside, we should all be proud that America has produced a world class sports super car at a very affordable entry price.

The C8, the Z06 and the GT3 are world class

I have all UNGOLD cars