News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

rims for 1969 Shelby gt 500

Started by johnzajc@gmail.com, May 02, 2018, 04:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnzajc@gmail.com

Hi--hope somebody has the answer----Guy is offering fairly cheap original rims for 1969 Shelby GT 500--cheap is $ 50 each--how do I distinguish between original and reproduction---unfortunately I have been cheated before--thank you  .Thanks, I need to be more specific---fellow claims that rims are original in fairly good shape. no actuall damage but they need to be recromed. Paradise will do recroming for $300 a piece. my problem is how do I determined if they are really original.

Bill

Quote from: johnzajc@gmail.com on May 02, 2018, 04:06:19 PM
Hi--hope somebody has the answer----Guy is offering fairly cheap original rims for 1969 Shelby GT 500--cheap is $ 50 each--how do I distinguish between original and reproduction---unfortunately I have been cheated before--thank you

$50 each, forget about original vs reproductions, grab them, grab them now.  8)
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Bill on May 02, 2018, 06:25:10 PM
Quote from: johnzajc@gmail.com on May 02, 2018, 04:06:19 PM
Hi--hope somebody has the answer----Guy is offering fairly cheap original rims for 1969 Shelby GT 500--cheap is $ 50 each--how do I distinguish between original and reproduction---unfortunately I have been cheated before--thank you

$50 each, forget about original vs reproductions, grab them, grab them now.  8)
+1  unless the center is broken it is a no brainer at that price .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bigfoot

Weren't the originals "glued in?"
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bigfoot

Then later ones riveted?
We're they not recalled?
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Bigfoot on May 02, 2018, 08:42:42 PM
Then later ones riveted?
We're they not recalled?
I will confirm what you are remembering . The updated version was the riveted ones. The recall was to replace the glued in ones with the riveted ones.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Anyone know what type of adhesive was used??I want some....

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 557 on May 02, 2018, 10:08:12 PM
Anyone know what type of adhesive was used??I want some....
It looks like miracle goo JB weld  ;D but I don't know if it was the same .

Stubee

At $50 a rim you could use them on a shopping cart for that price.

Bigfoot

Traded a nice glued in set a while back for a door.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI