News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1965 GT350 C4ZE G2 Radiator, dated 4-65 $2,850 BIN on eBay

Started by JWH, November 23, 2021, 03:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JWH

Not mine. I am posting as these are getting more difficult to find. The top tank looks excellent but the lower part is from an automatic radiator according to the ad.

If someone buys the radiator, or if you have bought a similar radiator recently, would you kindly shoot me a Private Message? I would like to know what the value is on a 4 speed radiator like this.
Thanks
Jeff

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255241834368?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&siteid=0&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&toolid=20008&campid=5335981329&customid=no-subcat

JWH

SOLD.   That didn't take long. I hope someone on this forum was able to snag this and it goes into a nice GT350!

chris NOS

almost impossible to find! i m not surprised it sold realy  fast !! i know for 003 They bought a whole car only to have a nice original correct carpet , i m sure somebody would buy a car to get one off those rad !!

TLea

A lot of money for numbers. Lower tank not original, header bucket not original

OldGuy

Quote from: TLea on December 01, 2021, 06:36:58 PM

.........and not to mention, no internal baffle.

JWH

I do not know the seller and I am not saying the auction was not legit, but I am receiving scam email as a result of contacting the seller to ask questions. Let's just say my antennae are up on this one.

camp upshur

That is a very obscure piece for an eBay scam but wouldn't be surprised nonetheless.
It's been more than a decade since I've seen one on public sale (a sweated off tank top for just under 2k/ then).
I'm surprised there hasn't been a short-run of brass tank tops. A G2 W-MO 4-65 would sell briskly at that price, I wouldn't doubt somebody could sell 100 of them. Who knows??

6s1640

Hi TLea,

Please educate us on what is not original.  Side by side photo's help a lot.

Thanks

Cory

6s1640

Quote from: JWH on December 01, 2021, 08:06:06 PM
I do not know the seller and I am not saying the auction was not legit, but I am receiving scam email as a result of contacting the seller to ask questions. Let's just say my antennae are up on this one.

The seller is legit.  Others have purchased the PCW-BA tags from John.

Cory

pchmotoho

Can someone educate me why a 65 radiator costs so much more than a 66?  Last time I checked a nice 66 was about 1200.

Thanks

CharlesTurner

Quote from: pchmotoho on December 01, 2021, 11:49:10 PM
Can someone educate me why a 65 radiator costs so much more than a 66?  Last time I checked a nice 66 was about 1200.

Thanks

Starting in '66, the engineering numbers were a soldered tag instead of stamped into the top tank.  Only 'W-MO' and a date stamp was there.  So, basically any V8 top tank from a '66 San Jose car would work, assuming it is configured correctly for the car (auto or manual trans).
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

pchmotoho

Quote from: CharlesTurner on December 02, 2021, 01:39:26 AM
Quote from: pchmotoho on December 01, 2021, 11:49:10 PM

Thanks

Starting in '66, the engineering numbers were a soldered tag instead of stamped into the top tank.  Only 'W-MO' and a date stamp was there.  So, basically any V8 top tank from a '66 San Jose car would work, assuming it is configured correctly for the car (auto or manual trans).

Thank You. 

SFM5S000

Another example is a 66 Group I/II TA radiator aka R Model radiator. Stamped W MO 66-2 but nothing else. Though not your standard Mustang/GT350 piece.

~E

joephil

Quote from: 6s1640 on December 01, 2021, 11:39:45 PM

Please educate us on what is not original.  Side by side photo's help a lot.

Thanks

Cory

Here are some pictures to compare.
The seller had specified that the lower tank was an automatic tank on which he had removed the oil cooler.

J_Speegle

Quote from: CharlesTurner on December 02, 2021, 01:39:26 AM
Starting in '66, the engineering numbers were a soldered tag instead of stamped into the top tank.  Only 'W-MO' and a date stamp was there.  ...............

Just to add the change took place during July of 65 at the Modine plant

A couple of examples from that month from a posting of 66 running changes over on CMF

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This example dated 7 65 does have the raised stamping showing the application code. C4ZE  G2. Found a fair number of these on very late 65's in my records.

This example dated 7 65 does not have the raised stamp showing the application like the earlier version above. 

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge