News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Seeking Opinion of SAAC Members about Shelby Tributes/Replicas

Started by DRUG_NERD, May 03, 2018, 02:15:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pchmotoho

Quote from: Bigfoot on May 03, 2018, 06:28:28 PM
Quote from: Bill on May 03, 2018, 03:02:39 PM
Quote from: Bigfoot on May 03, 2018, 02:48:14 PM
I forget...
What was the question?

Who cuts your hair :D

I do it myself

P.M. me a pic of your current dew.  Im going to get a replica Bigfoot cut this weekend.  Ill tell people Im you and pretend I own a 65 GT350 and B9 and god knows what else.

On topic, I am not a fan of  fake Shelby Mustangs  It either is or it isn't. Save your money like I did for a dozen plus years and buy the real thing.  Like a few have already replied they are not all in museums.  I picked up pizza in mine the other night. 

FL SAAC

As everyone keeps reiterating, in the end ultimately the v.i.n. will decide what the vehicle really is.

Not how much faster it is, not how much better it is, not what the equipment, stripes or scoops just put on say it is.

In my eyes and heart the real ones are and always will be 1962 through 1970.

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

gt350cs

Once each years production ended there should be no others termed as being the same as "original".

No matter how many times someone paints the Mona Lisa, there is still only one Mona Lisa!

FL SAAC

+ 101%

Quote from: gt350cs on May 04, 2018, 10:57:31 AM
Once each years production ended there should be no others termed as being the same as "original".

No matter how many times someone paints the Mona Lisa, there is still only one Mona Lisa!

I have all UNGOLD cars

gt350hr

+1 A "modernized" Mustang "could be a faster , better handling , more comfortable car" , but it will NEVER be a Shelby.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Quote from: SFM6S087 on May 04, 2018, 05:20:33 AM
Quote from: DRUG_NERD on May 03, 2018, 02:15:53 AM
In this day and again with 65-70 Shelbys either in collections or rotting away more replicas/tributes are really the only available to the most seeking to own one.  What kind of vintage car dollar value would replicas possess assuming it was replicated to Shelby specs and/or used either OEM Ford parts or OEM Shelby parts for that year?

Example 1968 Ford 'C' code convertible replicated to a GT350 with 302 drivetrain with Paxton Supercharger, Shelby badging, taillights, quarter panels scoops, etc. Clearly 1968 Ford Mustang book shouldn't apply since by appearance its a GT350 but VIN says other wise.

I hope this makes sense. Thanks for the comments.

To answer the original question. I would GUESS that a Mustang modified to look like a Shelby might bring a 10% to 20% premium over the same car without those mods – IF the workmanship is good. If the workmanship is shoddy then those modifications would probably devalue the car.

Steve.          Depends on what you start with....6 cyl. Fastback built into v8 Shelby clone would increase value most likely....

FL SAAC

we are firing today on all 8 cylinders

Quote from: gt350hr on May 04, 2018, 11:47:09 AM
  +1 A "modernized" Mustang "could be a faster , better handling , more comfortable car" , but it will NEVER be a Shelby.

I have all UNGOLD cars