Author Topic: Spotted: Who would of thought...  (Read 4268 times)

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Spotted: Who would of thought...
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2021, 08:17:54 AM »
We should invite her and the GT350 to SAAC 47
    :D

There actually are quite a few celeb's  that show up and own or have owned Shelby cars. Most are not noticed. Especially the women because we know them mostly with their full makeup on.

There are more that would like to be there but are afraid of being discovered by the crowd and overwhelmed.

Many have unmistakable, instantly recognizable voices. Normally on the street, if you're cool will acknowledge you with a smile. In crowds sometimes they tend to panic.

My sons hockey team used to practice at Rye Playland. It was also the practice home of the NY Rangers.

A few times they had the ice right after us and you could hear the equipment guys getting the locker room ready behind us.

A few would come out while getting suited up and stand right behind the bench and watch.

I had one kid that would absolutely go ape if he saw them and ruin it for everybody. I felt like putting a bag over his head to shut him up.

At the time the Rangers were an international squad with Russians, and Swedes on the roster in addition to the Canadians and Americans.

One of the Canadians came over and asked if the team would be interested in doing a 60 second commercial with him for Canadian TV.

In that case I bound and gagged my troublemaker player and they got it done.

It was for Montreal TV promoting youth hockey. He was a French speaking player and as he explained it to us, there is/was a bad riff between the French and English and the only thing that helped was playing hockey together.

It was a nice experience for the kids and probably went right over their heads? I wonder if it means anything to them now? As an American I admit that there are too many things that I take for granted and feel entitled too. I'd like to think that it's just because I'm naive?

Being naive back in my college days seemed at times to work with some of the female persuasions but I was often too naive to notice it?  ::)

There are many things that I'm glad that are over but this is one experience that I miss still. The hockey thing, not the naive thing. :)

I've deleted the names to protect the innocent...and the guilty! ;D I just want to know why it's only the guys that come over and want to talk to me? Should I feel insulted or take that as some sort of a backwards compliment?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 08:31:47 AM by shelbydoug »
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2021, 08:45:27 AM »
Jour de l'Action de grâce, aye !

We should invite her and the GT350 to SAAC 47
    :D

There actually are quite a few celeb's  that show up and own or have owned Shelby cars. Most are not noticed. Especially the women because we know them mostly with their full makeup on.

There are more that would like to be there but are afraid of being discovered by the crowd and overwhelmed.

Many have unmistakable, instantly recognizable voices. Normally on the street, if you're cool will acknowledge you with a smile. In crowds sometimes they tend to panic.

My sons hockey team used to practice at Rye Playland. It was also the practice home of the NY Rangers.

A few times they had the ice right after us and you could hear the equipment guys getting the locker room ready behind us.

A few would come out while getting suited up and stand right behind the bench and watch.

I had one kid that would absolutely go ape if he saw them and ruin it for everybody. I felt like putting a bag over his head to shut him up.

At the time the Rangers were an international squad with Russians, and Swedes on the roster in addition to the Canadians and Americans.

One of the Canadians came over and asked if the team would be interested in doing a 60 second commercial with him for Canadian TV.

In that case I bound and gagged my troublemaker player and they got it done.

It was for Montreal TV promoting youth hockey. He was a French speaking player and as he explained it to us, there is/was a bad riff between the French and English and the only thing that helped was playing hockey together.

It was a nice experience for the kids and probably went right over their heads? I wonder if it means anything to them now? As an American I admit that there are too many things that I take for granted and feel entitled too. I'd like to think that it's just because I'm naive?

Being naive back in my college days seemed at times to work with some of the female persuasions but I was often too naive to notice it?  ::)

There are many things that I'm glad that are over but this is one experience that I miss still. The hockey thing, not the naive thing. :)

I've deleted the names to protect the innocent...and the guilty! ;D I just want to know why it's only the guys that come over and want to talk to me? Should I feel insulted or take that as some sort of a backwards compliment?
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2021, 09:00:57 AM »
'upbogh QIchvam natlh
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2021, 10:13:20 AM »
The way she keeps her place, would she own a car with dirty tires? Yellow lettering?
Wishing all a Happy Thanksgiving!

Small print disclaimer:

For those who do not understand, the above statement is meant to be funny and not anything more.
RARE  Signature Delete

roddster

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2021, 11:24:42 AM »
And I'm wondering if that bag bag would fit over a keyboard......

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2021, 02:41:58 PM »
And I'm wondering if that bag bag would fit over a keyboard......

Just heads.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2021, 09:02:42 AM »
I hate to ruin this, but it just might be a clone.  Younger celebs tend not to care whether something is real or not, just as long as it looks good.  Take Nick Jonas for example. He was quoted in an interview that he loved his "vintage Shelby Mustang".  Check out his amazing ride:   :P
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2021, 09:29:52 PM »
While at my local tire store, reading an Architectural Digest featuring Cara Delevingne's house, I was surprised to see she's an owner of a
'66 Hertz.    Without a name cross reference in the newest Registry, I don't know how to find the number, or, it may be a 'owner unknown'.
Cool.

We sold her that a few years ago.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bigfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2021, 09:31:05 PM »
I think it was her first car ever…..
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2021, 08:34:57 AM »
That "vintage Shelby" deserves a Linda Blair's Technicolor  smile !

I hate to ruin this, but it just might be a clone.  Younger celebs tend not to care whether something is real or not, just as long as it looks good.  Take Nick Jonas for example. He was quoted in an interview that he loved his "vintage Shelby Mustang".  Check out his amazing ride:   :P
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2021, 08:57:04 AM »

A real Shelby would be to conspicuous so he opted for an under the radar car.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bigfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2021, 11:53:39 AM »
Just to clarify
The Cara L. 66-350 is the real deal.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2021, 12:04:49 PM »
Well the Jonas car couldn’t even get the “Shelby”lemans stripes right,so….

s2ms

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • 6S1757 Info
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2021, 01:38:31 PM »
Just to clarify
The Cara L. 66-350 is the real deal.

What number?
Dave - 6S1757